[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato Guide [OLD]

• Thanks for letting us know that it worked for you, shame i should of asked to to move it not to delete it so i could have a look inside to see how this happened and to try and stop it from happening a again, oh well :(

Glad its working for you now.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• My firewall definitely blocks git which is why that failed... not the end of the world since most people wouldn't have such a restrictive firewall (and those that do now have an option - or you could ask the question at the start of the script and assign either http or git to a variable since that is all that needs changing in the URLs).

The keyring thing was just odd - maybe the deb-multimedia mirror borked at that one second?

• Zitat von "HackitZ"

Sorry to ask but could someone post some screen shots, i'm very curious how this looks.

does it add a web page to edit or a link in the sidebar in the omv setup page?

Thanks

At pressent the links just opens the programs webui, this replaces the omv webui. I think that i will change it to open in a new window/tab as others have asked for that. I will also try adding a configuration screen so can edit them the same as the other links in the menu. The script is a work inprogress, while it works, i am still adding/updating it and listening to feed back from users and also talking to the devs behind the installed programs to help sort out problems with omv installs.

• Thanks for the screen shot, i guess i need to read up on the apps and see if they will help my purpose.

Will anay of the apps scan directories and keep meta data (movie posters, synopsis, and so on) updated? like my video folder?
    Thanks again.

• Zitat von "HackitZ"

Thanks for the screen shot, i guess i need to read up on the apps and see if they will help my purpose.

Will anay of the apps scan directories and keep meta data (movie posters, synopsis, and so on) updated? like my video folder?
    Thanks again.

The main apps (couchpotato,Sickbeard and headphones) will scan your folders but only to see what you have, it will not make posters, meta data for things you already have. They will make them for items they download tho.

If you want a program for scanning your movie/tv collection that make meta data, posters, nfo's ect then take a look a YAMJ (Yet Another Movie Jukebox)

• yes, no need to reinstall everything just run script and cancel after the bit where it asks for folder location.

• hi all i was going to strat setting up the plugins and it seems that subsonic wont load, i get a HTTP ERROR: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE.
    i also can't load or start headphones, i get this error, Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.

i also had this issue running the script.

Is this something i needed to change, 2. Edit the omv.sh script to use http rather than git to download from github (just replace git:// with http:// )?

I ran the above code, was there something else i needed to run?

I have read through the post and tried what was offered to others with no success.

Thanks

• If you installed any other python app such as Couchpotato, sickbeard or sabnzbd and can access the webui for it then you should not need to change git:// to http:// in the script.

Try running the script again if the above is correct.

• ok i tried to install again, this time i had no errors, it asked what version of python to use. I selected 2.6.

all plugins installed with no issue's.

I still can't load susbsonic, the page gives me this error.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/index.view

Powered by Jetty://
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Should i choose python 2.7 at the begining of the install ?

• I have had this in the past and normally goes after a reinstall. I will look more into this to see if i can find out what is happening. What happens when you type
    service subsonic restart
    in the shell? i also take it your running the script as root?

The python section is only in my script to remind me to finish it off, no matter if you choose 2.6 or 2.7 it will only use 2.6. I only started getting python 2.7 ready just in case the apps ever go 2.7 only. OMV comes with 2.6 and can't simply change to use 2.7 as this will lead to a faulty system so we have to build 2.7 as a stand alone app (wont mess with 2.6 system files). As far as i'm concerned, its ready but until i have done a lot more virtual testing i'm leaving it disabled.

• Zitat

I have had this in the past and normally goes after a reinstall. I will look more into this to see if i can find out what is happening. What happens when you type
    service subsonic restart
    in the shell? i also take it your running the script as root?

(service subsonic restart) same error. putty shows this;
    root@MEDIA-SERVER:~# service subsonic restart
    Restarting Subsonic Daemon: subsonicStarted Subsonic [PID 9775, /var/subsonic/subsonic_sh.log]
    root@MEDIA-SERVER:~#

Ok let me first say, i have my server hooked up to a kvm and monitor, so the first i ran the script it was directly on the computer and it was as root.

Now this time i ran it through putty as root. now i sign in as root so i'm guessing im root. maybe i need to su each command?

Thanks for the help, i'm really looking to setup subsonic and use the android app to play music.

P.S can you post the commands to uninstall the script/apps and then maybe i will start over.

P.S the second time i ran the script i ran through the whole setup processes.

• The python apps dont need an uninstall as you can just delete their folders(.couchpotato in root as well)

Subsonic can be uninstalled by doing

apt-get purge subsonic (not sure about the case)

• Hi Haagje

Did you use the script to install sabnzbd if not i would recomend it as it works flawlessly and you can add couch etc if you use them if not there worth looking into.

you can find the instructions on how to install using the script in the first post.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

The python apps dont need an uninstall as you can just delete their folders(.couchpotato in root as well)

Subsonic can be uninstalled by doing

apt-get purge subsonic (not sure about the case)

I tried running apt-get purge subsonic, then re-ran the script and only selected yes for subsonic.

I still get the same error.
    HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/index.view

Powered by Jetty://

Sorry to keep bothering you guy's.

Any ideas on what i might try.

P.S im using putty, and login in as root and password i created at time of install. so this makes me root, correct? (just making sure)

I have been looking and think it might be an issue with the db folder not being created. should it be in /var/subsonic/ ?

• Ok after some digging it seems i have no db folder in /var/subsonic/

is this where the db folder is?

Ok here's my log file from subsonic_sh.log

root@MEDIA-SERVER:/# cat /var/subsonic/subsonic_sh.log
      23 [main] INFO org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@5a8a0d5d: display name [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@5a8a0d5d]; startup date [Fri Aug 24 22:13:42 EDT 2012]; root of context hierarchy
      [GC 3072K->368K(8896K), 0.0012620 secs]
      76 [main] INFO org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [applicationContext-deployer.xml]
      [GC 3437K->480K(8896K), 0.0016250 secs]
      [GC 3552K->544K(8896K), 0.0011100 secs]
      416 [main] INFO org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@5a8a0d5d]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@58d9660d
      [GC 3616K->602K(11968K), 0.0014270 secs]
      430 [main] INFO org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@58d9660d: defining beans [service,org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter#0]; root of factory hierarchy
      451 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Logging to org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger(org.mortbay.log) via org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
      Using WAR file: /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war
      Extracting webapp to /var/subsonic/jetty/3060
      Using WAR file: /usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war
      484 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - jetty-6.1.x
      579 [main] WARN org.mortbay.log - Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@4f4db0e3{/,jar:file:/usr/share/subsonic/subsonic.war!/}
      java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
      at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:150)
      at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:114)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.TagLibConfiguration.configureWebApp(TagLibConfiguration.java:171)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1215)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:500)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:448)
      at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:117)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:217)
      at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.deployer.SubsonicDeployer.deployWebApp(SubsonicDeployer.java:131)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.deployer.SubsonicDeployer.<init>(SubsonicDeployer.java:65)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
      at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:100)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:61)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:877)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:839)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:380)
      at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
      at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:83)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.Main.<init>(Main.java:24)
      at net.sourceforge.subsonic.booter.Main.main(Main.java:63)
      596 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:4040
      Subsonic running on: http://localhost:4040/
      644 [main] INFO org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter - Looking for RMI registry at port '9412'
      [GC 6746K->1106K(11968K), 0.0032020 secs]
      684 [main] INFO org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter - Could not detect RMI registry - creating new one
      714 [main] INFO org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiServiceExporter - Binding service 'SubsonicDeployerService' to RMI registry: RegistryImpl[UnicastServerRef [liveRef: [endpoint:[127.0.1.1:9412](local),objID:[0:0:0, 0]]]]
      [GC 2253K->1257K(18560K), 0.0018200 secs]
      [Full GC 1257K->1169K(18560K), 0.0311840 secs]
      root@MEDIA-SERVER:/#

• Ok i have bean reading all night and still have not made any headway. so i removed subsonic again and went through the install.

I just noticed that if i follow the default settings and just run through the setup the script ask's me to confirm that i want to install subsonic on root.
    Should i be changing the install directory?
    I have searched for the location to install subsonic but can't seem to find where to install it, so i just go through the setup and don't change any settings.

Maybe someone can confirm this.

thanks

Update, the page is now a 503 error page.

• I have the same problem, using the latest version of OMV (installed late last week). The script was run as root, and SubSonic was installed without a problem. After rebooting the machine, firefox gives an "Unable to connect" error when i try connecting to port 4040.

Here is the output of "service subsonic restart":

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# service subsonic restart
    Restarting Subsonic Daemon: subsonicstart-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 1446: No such process
    Started Subsonic [PID 1862, /var/subsonic/subsonic_sh.log]

When I immediately run it again, it gives the same message about the PID that was just started:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# service subsonic restart
    Restarting Subsonic Daemon: subsonicstart-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 1862: No such process
    Started Subsonic [PID 1904, /var/subsonic/subsonic_sh.log]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!