Wheezy: Upgrade from Fedaykin

• Hi,

I don't seem to find my exact situation anywhere else:

I have an existing Debian wheezy 7.6. There I installed OMV Fedaykin 0.4.38, which is working kinda fine.
    How can I update OMV to 0.5 / 0.6 / 1.0 - whatever the newest suitable version is?

Code
    # omv-release-upgrade 
    Wants to upgrade to Sardaukar
    But I get the message "package openmediavault is held back"

# apt-get install openmediavault
     openmediavault : Depens on: php5-proctitle but shoult not be installed

php5-projectile depends on phpapi-20090626, which is not installable

apt-get update / upgrade / dist-upgrade have been performed before, of course.

I understood that this is a common problem to wheezy, but sadly I do not understand how I can still upgrade in any way.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

You will have to upgrade manually (don't use omv-release-upgrade) since you installed fedaykin on wheezy.

I would reinstall fresh but if you can't, then change fedaykin to sardaukar in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list. Then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade. From sardaukar to kralizec, you will have to do the same thing except replace sardaukar with kralizec. Do not try to skip directly to kralizec. It won't work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the reply.

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list

Why the heck is there already sardaukar listed??

---

edit: Excactly, I would very much prefer not reinstalling everything fresh. Too much hassle and risk :-x

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-release-upgrade must have changed it before it failed. Now apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade.

Too much hassle?? Just wait :) You haven't go to kralizec yet...

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try: apt-get -f install

• Try: apt-get -f install

Did that, same results. "php5-projectile should not be installed" etc

You're gonna probably fight with this, then end up clean installing. I'd save myself the headache and just get to it.

Hm... Really not happy with that. It was quite complicated getting it working... How would I do a new install? apt-get remove and apt-get install, with the sardaukar apt-source? Will I lose my raidconfig / other configs / fileshares / files on the raid?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did that, same results. "php5-projectile should not be installed" etc

Hm... Really not happy with that. It was quite complicated getting it working... How would I do a new install? apt-get remove and apt-get install, with the sardaukar apt-source? Will I lose my raidconfig / other configs / fileshares / files on the raid?

It wouldn't have been near this difficult had you simply kept your system up to date, rather than deciding almost a year after a version was EOL, to upgrade. You should be unhappy for not keeping your system up to date.. .that's not the OS's fault. I'm still curious how you got Fedaykin to work on Wheezy.. at all.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do:
    Download the current OMV 1.xx ISO
    Disconnect all drives but your OS drive
    Install OMV on the OS drive
    Connect your storage drives.

Do it that way.. yes, you'll have to set up your shares, plugins, etc..again. Your data will be safe, as you'll simply be able to mount your raid under the new OS.

• Yeah, I set everything up like 2 months ago. I found it pretty difficult to understand, and followed some instructions from the debian wiki. I didn't realize that it was using the fedaykin repo, and that there was a newer repo available... That's how it went.

Well, I guess there's no other way then. I will at least make a full disk image of my system drive to be able to rewind any new setups if it does not work at all (for me). Also, I guess I'll give it a try and just install from the new repos, there's nothing that could happen worse than having to rewind to my backup, even if there is very little chance it works.

Relly sucks though, as there's also a XEN system running and that was also quite difficult to set up :/ But maybe my notes will help me recreate that.
    Anyhow, quick question, has anyone make OMV work inside a XEN VM? I did not manage to do that as there seemed to be no way to pass the physical drives to the VM, or at least OMV did not recognize them, don't remember exactly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The biggest problem you had was installing Fedaykin (or even Sardaukar) on Wheezy...

• Offizieller Beitrag

The biggest problem you had was installing Fedaykin (or even Sardaukar) on Wheezy...

Agreed... Installing Kralizec from the ISO.. will probably take you all of about 10min. Setting up shares and services? Well, that all depends on what you use, how many shares, etc. Personally, I can do it in about min 60min or so

• I'm running on Squeeze, so not sure if fully applicable. When moving from 0.4 > 0.5 I also run unti the proctitle issue....
    "no php5-proctitle..."
    followed ryecoaaron's guide on http://phpbb.openmediavault.org/viewt…=12&t=2734&p=18729#p18685 to compile it on my system (ARM)
    installed with
    dpkg -i, all fine.
    did omv-first-aid to reconfigure web parameters (as the web interface didn't work, but rest did) and got it up and running.
    still some issues to iron out...but its working (without smart monitoring though)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!