openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try removing the #DEBHELPER# line?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks ryecoaaron, I removed it and it didn't start but also did not create the folders. I have it now working in the latest commits :D

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Offizieller Beitrag

Newest package here

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf mediabrowser moveDbFolder 2>&1': Moving database from  to ...
    chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg/*/ffmpeg': No such file or directory

• Try apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-mediabrowser as it needs to be installed on a clean system, the previous version left stuff behind that might be interfering with the new version.

After you reinstall have a look in /var/lib/mediabrowser before making any changes on the plugin page.

• Zitat von 'balsak

STUFF

SSH into your OMV box (or install the shellinabox plugin), simply apt-get update && apt-get install ffmpeg
    It looks like the plugin doesn't have "all" of the requirements specified.

• Try <code class="inlineCode">apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-mediabrowser</code> as it needs to be installed on a clean system, the previous version left stuff behind that might be interfering with the new version.

After you reinstall have a look in <code class="inlineCode">/var/lib/mediabrowser</code> before…

Thanks miller, yeah this is a complete clean install with nothing added, so there isn't a previous version

• That will not work, if ffmpeg was not there then the other files in the folder will not be either, still try to uninstall/reinstall and check the folder.

• Today I'm at work on a dual optic 100/50 connection.

If my post sounded too hard, then I apologize. I don't meant your work, but the plugin, as mentioned above.

Thanks for your kind words, Solo. It was very unfortunate all what happened the past friday. I'm also sorry if I wrote something unfit while at this mood.

Thanks @ryecoaaron for your intervention and downplaying it. Right now I'm so scared about this all and will take time to settle. The only thing I have in mind is to remove the functionality of allowing user to change that folder location. Anything I think brings me to it. I think the user has nothing to do with the program internals... that we can't constrict the service or tie ourselves to modify (and thus re-expose to failures) the coding on this every time mb developers alter the cache folder structure.
    The only advantage I think on is whenever you use an ssd for system disk, to avoid burning it with the transcoding cache and moving it to a dedicated drive (for swap/temp and those things). But then I also think that when I backup my system disk I also want to backup my mediabrowser account and settings. those settings grow in complexity as you dive into the capabilities of the program. Cloud account, users, remote sharing, different device transcoding profiles. By now it has all the plex features less sync (but they are working on it)
    It would be a pain in the ass to redo all of this after you restored your system only because you thought those things would be better beaside the media content.

I'm not nagging at your changes. Only saying that by now I feel I can't think clear on it.

I looked at some vids of this MediaBrowser. It is really cool what it does with the Roku with a client app installed on it.

That was exactly my setup. I previously had a htpc (E450 board/16gigs ram/etc/etc) plexbmc+amber theme, and ditched it when I bought the roku. I was using it as a desktop computer until this weekend, when I had to re install it so I could see something.MB+Roku is much more lighter. I could leave it on all day as it doesn't consume, heathens or wears. And then I just have to sit &play, without waiting for anything. It's performance was so good. I thought it will be short for full blurays, but I did get surprised when I played Sorcerers apprentice in that scene were the street is full of confetti. My wife said that with the mb+roku, the scene was alive compared with the old.What I don't like it's the navigation. It's erratic and you can't see where you are going. Seems something implemented by roku, not the app. As all apps (mb, plex, roku player) sport the same while-playing interface and functions.

• Zitat

Sergio, you did not lose your plugin.

:/

What is happening here?
    Gentlemen you have some strange problems there. You are making changes to the plugin without control and loosing the labor discipline, lets calm down and see what's the real problem. At least, please someone PM-explain me what was the progression of issues that let to those changes.

I have mediabrowser happily working without any of this issues in my server. And the media is on a Snapraid and also using a Z2. And never required adding ffmpeg, creating simbolic links...

First, I didn't like the change in user group because I did get that requirement from the docker and ubuntu installation, not the plex plugin. (In fact, I started using Calibre plugin as a base, but it simply didn't work, so I dropped it all and started from scratch from the template plugin)

It wont play as its is using the ffmpeg in the share and as we know the share will not allow file to be executed, the program should use another location for ffmpeg.
    /media/95260349-5cd4-4ca5-a354-d9d21edf7f91/mediabrowser/ffmpeg/20140716/ffmpeg

What I did it to move ffmpeg supplied in the app to a location where it can run then created a symbolic link to it

For moving the ffmpeg/ffprobe and symlink it... mediabrowser has a starting parameter to allow them remote.
    You should better had asked me before. But is it real that mb package doesn't have ffmpeg requirement?

Next thing. This is a windows program in linux. Did you considerate that one of the problems could be linux not correctly reporting folder names with spaces on them? Please @balsak just try to first copy your video file to a cleaner folder location (without spaces and latin chars) and add that folder as as a film source and try to play it.
    If it doesn't work, please post the info from mediainfo (or simmilar) about the file. Consider posting your problem in mediabrowser forum. The reality is that the program currently does not support playing all the file formats plex do. It likes best apple optimized ones, with 5.1 in AC3 and stereo in dolby. Last week I had to use plex for some episodes of the show I'm currently viewing. ||

1 question, should the service be running before it is enabled in the plugin? I noticed that after its installed the service is running even though it is disabled in the plugin.

That's a problem in the install script that caused myself and I wanted to solve before the storm. I missed at the service status detection and should be reverted to it's initial state. I considered it a low priority. But really you should have let me getting to work. Now there are changes in other files that where not the guilty.

Now I'm forced clone what is in git and diff with my version to learn what is this plugin from scratch.
    I apologize if I sound rough, but I'm used to lead work teams and that open-source thing of arriving at your desk and realize you lost all the code control shocked me. No offense.

• Did you try removing the #DEBHELPER# line?

Thanks ryecoaaron, I removed it and it didn't start but also did not create the folders. I have it now working in the latest commits :D

Don't forget to look at this. Adding -n or --noscripts should do the same, but then you have to disable and remove the init script yourself.

• Sergio nope there is nothing wrong with the file type i have played it before threw mediabrowser, like i said ffmpeg isn't starting up to begin transcoding the file

I had, (before the barbecue) it correctly working in my setup without needing the external feed of ffmpeg. But it seems that my latest testing VM doesn't have it.
    Let me modify the plugin to get ffmpeg and use it (after I weed my mind of all those code edits)

If you want it to work manually on your installation:

Just get ffmpeg to a known location.
    EDIT: Warning, seems that debian package doesn't have h264 support so you may get it from elsewhere and compile it.
    Then edit the file /etc/init.d/mediabrowser
    Find the line at the file starting as:

Zitat

DAEMON="/usr/bin/mono -- MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe"

and modify it exactly so it shows as:

Zitat

DAEMON="/usr/bin/mono -- MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -ffmpeg putyourffmpegthere"

Then issue service mediabrowser stop and service mediabrowser start
    Please take easy with editing script files.

And come back telling me your achievements.

• I thought it will be easier to inject ffmpeg and wanted you to have it working asap. I dunno why my installation works without issue.
    Perhaps when @jhmiller catches us he will explain me hows the ffmpeg getting for debian+h264 and we could coordinate to add to the plugin asap.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!