openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I want to update to the latest Emby server, I'm fine on the current OMV. I forgot how I installed Emby, it was maybe 2 yrs ago, but now how do I update it? Do I fall in the same boat as rbarros73 as above and watch the video? If so, do you have the text copy/pasted somewhere, I can't pause the video.

The video won't help if you are on omv 2.x. I converted the video to mkv and uploaded to github - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I guess you're aware that OMV v2 is EOL and Debian 7 (OMV is based on it), too.
    What you can try is to download Emby Server from here (latest stable). I don't know if your system is x64 or x32 because I started with OMV v3 so don't know anything about v2.
    In the drop down field under "Select operation system" choose Debian and download the .deb file.
    Copy the downloaded file to a shared folder on your OMV-server.
    Log into your server via ssh (ssh root@IP-address of your server (don't know from which system you do it, eg. OSX use 'terminal', with Windows use Putty or WinSCP) and enter the password of your admin-account.
    Change directory with
    cd /media/uuid/name of shared folder where emby server package is copied

where uuid is the name of your harddrive (this you can see via webinterface of OMV or just by typing
    cd /media press enter
    and with
    ls
    you will see the uuid's of your harddrives. You dont need to enter the long number. Just type like
    cd /media/first two numbers of the uuid and than press tab
    OMV will automatically fill up the proper figures.

When you are in the shared folder where Emby Server is stored just enter:
    service emby-server stop
    When you get an error. Try it again with just typing: service em, press tab and write stop after it

with
    dpkg -i emby-server-xxxx and enter you will install the latest emby server. What you can do here is again, type: dpkg -i em and press tab so OMV do the rest.

with
    service emby-server restart and enter

you start the latest emby-server. But after the last command wait a couple of seconds (depends on the speed of your harddrive) till Emby is on again.

Hope this helps you further

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• I'm keep getting this errors message everyday, anybody has this issue.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anybody knows if Emby work when you upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4?

Try it. Then we will know :) If you installed from the repo and change the repo from Debian_8.0 to Debian_9.0 (https://software.opensuse.org/…Aemby&package=emby-server), it should upgrade and work fine.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. I'm still thinking whether should I upgrade from OMV3 to OMV4 at this time.

What makes you want to upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just want see the new features.

Not really any new features yet or at least none worth upgrading yet.

• I do not know if this is the correct place to ask, but has anybody managed to make Emby use the .srt subtitles? I have local subtitles for all my videos. I was not able to do this. I used Docker to install Emby, if it is of any importance. This is driving me crazy, I really want to use Emby and not Plex (that has issues with subtitles encoding other than UTF-8). I do not want to open a new thread about this.

Riddle me this, riddle me that
    Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
    I write on a blog (Romanian mostly)
    Testing (latest) OMV 6.x (HURRAY) on an Intel i5820K NAS (currently with proxmox kernel 6.2)

• I'm using .srt sub for my movies for Emby and Plex, and they both working fines.

I found out what was the issue with Plex, it needed the subtitles encoded in UTF-8. I found a plugin for Plex that converted all the subtitles to UTF-8. They were being loaded in Plex before, but specific Romanian characters were not showed properly.
    Coming back to Emby, I have reinstalled it, after making a backup of the configs (users, databases, cache and so on), restored the configs and now it seems to parse the media folders again. Could it be because of docker? I highly doubt it, maybe Emby also had issues with the encoding of the subtitles. I even checked the microSD card for errors on a Live Linux, it seemed to be ok. I am using Emby in OMV for oDroid XU4. What are the options for subtitles? I chose to always load subtitles.

Edit: I was able to see a subtitle for the first time today. They were modified by Plex for sure, to have UTF-8 encoding. This is probably why I had none for movies or series.

Testing (latest) OMV 6.x (HURRAY) on an Intel i5820K NAS (currently with proxmox kernel 6.2)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tmihai20 ()

• i have a problem with my on the top istalled emby. it dont plays movies. i have the same error like here:
    Playback Error, No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.
    But what have i done:
    i have installed on OMV4 emby from the open build service for debian 9.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von happyreacer ()

• i have a problem with my on the top istalled emby. it dont plays movies. i have the same error like here:
    Playback Error, No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.
    But what have i done:
    i have installed on OMV4 emby from the open build service for debian 9.

I had some issues with one of my installations. If you have an EXT partition, check how it is mounted. I had a separate EXT partion and I was running Emby in Docker from that partition and it would not run at all because that partition was mounted with noexec. I had to modifiy fstab and OMV xml configuration file to have that EXT partition mounted without noexex. It may be a minor thing, but check this first. There was not enough free space on the root (system partition) in my default installation of OMV3. OMV has a bad habit of mounting EXT partitions like that (I found this to have no real explanation). We should have control on how partitions are being mounted.

Also make sure Emby configuration has a path towards ffmpeg. I suggest you install ffmpeg manually and fill in the path in Emby configuration.

• i have solved it with the installation from the deb Package directly. and now all works fine

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• With the previous method by adding Emby repo under OMV-Extras, that didn't work for me on OMV4.
    I had to install Emby directly too.

Code
    For Debian 9.0 run the following as root:
    echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_9.0/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/home:emby.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install emby-server

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

With the previous method by adding Emby repo under OMV-Extras, that didn't work for me on OMV4.
    I had to install Emby directly too.

There is no reason adding that repo to omv-extras and installing emby-server using apttool wouldn't work. They do the exact same thing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!