Homebrew goflex net rackmount NAS

• Just a quick post about my newly built homebrew NAS based on a Seagate GoFlex Net and an old rackmount server case:

All very rough and ready but it works for me - two 3.5" sata drives in the drive caddies, another 3.5" IDE which I'm aiming to connect to USB via a USB hub. Low profile and quiet as a mouse. I'm currently running OMV 0.4.38 but will try to upgrade at some point. Many thanks for a great system and a really helpful forum.

• That looks fantastic - congratulations.

Does it still run? I would be interested in what you used to run your OMV system from - a partition of a hdd? Or a usb flash drive?

Because I am trying to set up OMV on a GoFlex Net as well.

Thanks,

Rainer

• rainer - sorry not to have responded before - completely missed your question. Thanks for the comment. If you follow the link and read the walkthrough, you'll see I initially had the OMV installed and working on a USB for testing. Once it was running and stable, I cloned that over to a small partition on one of the main SATA drives, and changed the udev rules to suit. It works well, but occasionally (if there's a power cut, or I accidentally switch something off) i have to reboot with the USB to rescue the system. It seems to hang after boot when running fsck so i have to intervene and get it back manually.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!