Reinstall OMV or not, this is the question...

• I have installed OMV and other service (FTP, Samba, Bittorrent, MySql,Website, Owncloud, Plex Media Server).

Everything worked without problems until hard disk /dev/sdb/ had a lot of problems.
    So I unplugged the hard drive and today I hung up it again to retrieve data inside it.

I have update OMV and all plugins installed and now everything seems to work fine, except:
    -1- Plex Media Server (in service page status service is enabled but with red light in execution).
    -2- In Storage -> SMART I have this error:

In Logs -> Smart last error are:
    Device:/dev/sdb/ [SAT], 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors
    Device:/dev/sdb/ [SAT], 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
    Device: /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x5000c5002b9e84ad [SAT], 1 Offline uncorrectable sectors
    Device: /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x5000c5002b9e84ad [SAT], 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors

Surely the hard drive has problems so I decided to buy a new one.

My question is the following: I have to reinstall OMV again or you can simply plug the new hard disk to the system?
    And when I plug the new HD, what I should do to re-enable the services already installed?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you still waiting to plug your drive?you can plug it in. Then you will to put back your data files from already backed old sdb. You will need to recreate the shares and re enable all the previous services. You don't need to reinstall omv again

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!