plex enabled but not running

• root@GLaDOS:/media/a6e632c0-fe42-44fb-944b-7405137843b4# ls -la
    total 40
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 12 22:25 .
    drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Oct 12 22:48 ..
    -rw------- 1 root root 6144 Oct 12 22:25 aquota.group
    -rw------- 1 root root 6144 Oct 12 22:25 aquota.user
    drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Oct 12 22:15 lost+found

• Sub, do you know default location of plexmediaserver folder when it first installs??? I can't think of it right now. We need him to check if it is there. Because it did not move to where it should be.

apt-get --reinstall install plexmediaserver
    usermod -d /media/a6e632c0-fe42-44fb-944b-7405137843b4/plexmediaserver -m plex
    etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

• Reinstalled, then:

• If that does not work do this:

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get --purge remove plexmediaserver
    userdel plex

And then try to reinstall the plugin... I have not seen your problem before. (edit- I have seen this a lot.)

• There was probably some issue with the plex users id. It did not match the id for the plexmediaserver folder and that is why it was not being moved to proper location.

Good Man... Have fun!!!

PS-if you do not delete the plex user on a reinstall you can have uid mistmatches.
    PPS- I'm done for the day.. :)

• Not the folder, tekk was just speaking about the user.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• The plex userid did not match the ownership of the plexmediaserver folder. The plexmediaserver folder was owned by plex but with an new uid that did not match the old plex user from an earlier setup that was not deleted. In the case above it was crucial that the plex user was deleted before reinstall. You can read here for more info...

Lesson of the Day: UID Mismatch

• I had a similar problem plex not starting the server. I reinstalled a clean OMV to a new SSD and moved the library to the default location (wanted it to have on my SSD). Plex was not starting, of course. User was root and plex had no read/write permissions.
    I set the user recursively on the library folder with chown -R plex:nogroup /var/lib/plexmediaserver - done.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I updated the plugin to fix ownerships and improved the database move. I did lots of testing with weird situations. Hopefully, it will fix all of these problems.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I've tried everything here.

Here's the stat of my plexmediaserver library:

Code
    root@thevault:/media/305AD142169CE9C3# stat plexmediaserver/
      File: `plexmediaserver/'
      Size: 144             Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   directory
    Device: 822h/2082d      Inode: 5545        Links: 1
    Access: (0777/drwxrwxrwx)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
    Access: 2014-10-19 04:35:02.065714000 -0500
    Modify: 2014-10-19 04:35:02.043132000 -0500
    Change: 2014-10-19 04:35:02.043132000 -0500
     Birth: -

Plex userid is 120.

I don't know what else to try.

• Change directory to one level above the plexmediaserver folder and do this:

chown -R plex:nogroup plexmediaserver
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

Nothing. Termianl says "Starting Plex Media Server: done," but nothing when I try to log in through the web client.

• Code
    service plexmediaserver status
    ps aux | grep [p]lex

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!