plex enabled but not running

• OMV 1.0
    • Resolved
    • Source Code

1. /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver status

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • The more you do things from the cli, the harder it gets to fix the problem. Moving to /var/lib is definitely unsupported.
      omv 5.0.10 usul | 64 bit | 5.0 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.1
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • tekkb wrote:

If that does not work do this:

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
      apt-get --purge remove plexmediaserver
      userdel plex

And then try to reinstall the plugin... I have not seen your problem before. (edit- I have seen this a lot.)
      THIS! Someone please give this man a cookie! I was going nuts trying to reinstall Plex. I tried uninstalling and purging, but I never thought of deleting the old Plex user. I had to reinstall Plex due to a hard drive migration, but the installer kept looking for the old HDD. Perhaps some old configuration files where kept under the plex user folder, which messed with the new installation
      Custom mini-ITX build
      Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i3-3220, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 30 GB Sandisk SSDnow 200 (OS), 1 TB Samsung M8 HN-M101MBB

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz