Rights on Shared Folder. Permission Denied in CLI

• This issue is also related with another problem, but I wish to generalize it.

In summary:

• I create a shared folder named homefolders
    • I assign this as "root" for home folder users
    • I create user1 and OMV creates his folder below homefolders
    • I login in CLI as user1 and i launch some commands. The last command creates an hidden folder in the user1 home folder.
    • In this folder there is another command, but when I launch it I get "Permission Denied"
    • So, from CLI I create a second user, user2, with adduser; its home folder is /home/user2
    • I login as user2 and I launch the same commands without problem.

Why user1 has not permissions in its home folder created from OMV and user2 yes?

For more information, the commands are related to the installation of Dropbox and are these:

Code
    cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86_64" | tar xzf -
    ~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd

The code of dropboxd is:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    PAR=$(dirname "$(readlink -f "$0")")
    exec "$PAR/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-2.10.41/dropboxd" "$@"

My doubt is that from the CLI the home folder user1 is accessible with /media/exadecimal-string/homefolders/user1.
    Perhaps the exadecimal-string creates problems in the composition of commands.

Thanks for help

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• The filesystems that are used for shared folders use the mount option 'noexec'. This means you can't execute anything on this filesystems. This is a security option.

OK, but then we're going around the problem.
    How do I synchronize the Dropbox data in a folder OMV?
    With the plugin I can only scroll the remote folder; installing it directly is not possible; the green elves are on strike, what do I do?

I can not build by hand the command and run it from CLI, instead to launch the command in the folder?

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!