How to install a Web browser and Transmission torrent downloader within OMV's web interface?

• Hi everybody,

Sorry if this question is already answered, or misplaced in the forums. NOOB a here.

Could someone tell me if it's possible to install Opera web browser and Transmission torrent downloaded within the GUI/ web interface of OMV 1.0.20?

If so, is there any guide someplace with a Betty Crocker how-to?

I am not at all adept with command line and I cannot figure out how to setup or use the BitTorrent plugin. I'd like to be able to download via a web browser.

Thanks very much!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Install omv-extras - read
    Then install the Download Managers repo on the Secondary tab of omv-extras.
    You will then have a bunch of options in the plugin list (there is more than one page of plugins).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks very much! I was able to add those plugins, but I still can't seem to figure out how to add a web browser with search engine, or how to point any Web based files to the torrent manager. I'm challenged if it's not a web interface . I'd like to set it up so I can add / download torrents directly on the OMV machine. Might there be a tutorial somewhere for folks like me who need simple, explicit instructions for such things?

Thanks very much!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you install the transmissionbt plugin?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I did download the Transmission plugin, and it shows as installed in the plugin list. However, I don't see it appear under the Services folder like all the other installed plugins. I tried to apt-clean the files using the OMV Extras tab. That didn't change anything. Then I uninstalled and re-installed it. But again, I don't see that plugin anywhere in the web interface. I tried searching in the BitTorrent tab also. I can't seem to figure out how to setup or use these plugins.

Thank you for any words of wisdom!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Bit Torrent tab is what you want. I dont use it but here is basically what you need to do.

In the shared folder tab, create a shared folder.
    In Bit Torrent, select the Files and Locations tab.
    Select the newly created shared folder from the Shared Folder drop down in the Download frame.
    Click Save.
    Select the Settings tab.
    Check Enable.
    Click Save.
    Click Apply in the yellow configuration changed bar.
    Go to the Torrents tab.
    Click Add
    Fill in the url.
    Click ok.

• Thank you very much!!!

This was not nearly as hard as I had thought. Really appreciate what you guys do! Next time you indulge in your favorite vice, consider it well deserved, sir!

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!