Drive errors after live cd fix now file system is gone

• Hey all,
    I have a problem and could use a little help.
    I was having a problem with 2 drives one was xfs and the other is ext4.
    now on my setup the omv box is connected to a monitor that's shared too 2 computers so i do have access to a command prompt.
    So i logged in as admin and ran fsck on the ext4 drive with no success i also ran fsck -a and fsck -y and the errors remained. i then ran a check on the xfs drive (can't remember what i had to type) but it failed.

so i then ran knoppix live cd and ran gparted, now my ext4 drive says no file system, how can i fix this?
    what should i run from the live cd?

ok I'm runnning fsck from the live cd in terminal again
    I entered, sudo fsck -y /dev/sdc1

i see the is over and over again
    error reading block 109884555223 (attempt to read block from file system resulted in short read) while getting inode from scan. ignore error? yes
    force rewrite? yes.

this is going to take a while, i'll be back tomorrow night as i'm going to bed and work in the am.

• Ok I ran fsck on my 3 terra byte drive wich is sdc
    the command i used while booted to the live cd was fsck -y /dev/sdc1

after it ran it appeared to be ok, lots of errors but ending with it being fixed.
    i mounted it from the live cd and all my data was there and it seemed to be fine. i unmounted the drive turned off the machine and rebooted to omv.
    the first error says the time stamp was wrong but fixed.
    now i get
    ata6 status drdy error
    ata6 error unc
    ata6 exception mask 0x0 sact 0x0 serr 0x0 action 0x0
    ata6 bmdma stat 0c65
    ata failed command read dma ext
    ata6 cmd25/00:09:0f: and so on.

the above text keeps repeating for every block i guess.

anyone have an idea what i can try next?
    Thanks

• Boot your live CD again and backup the data from there ASAP.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Boot your live CD again and backup the data from there ASAP.

Greetings
    David

Thanks
    Yeah new drive in and all data saved, the old drive is only 10 months old, seagate is the make.
    I have been trying to wipe the drive with fdisk, gdisk, and gparted keep throwing errors.
    It's driving me nuts, maybe the drive is a gonner. i just wiped the drive and in gparted used option z in expert menu to wipe and write a new gpt. i then rebooted into omv and tried to add the drive and get this error.
    Caution: invalid main GPT header, but valid backup; regenerating main header
    from backup!

Caution! After loading partitions, the CRC doesn't check out!
    Warning! Error 5 reading partition table for CRC check!
    Warning! One or more CRCs don't match. You should repair the disk!

Invalid partition data!
    Warning! GPT backup partition table not overwritten! Error is 5

any ideas on what i should do to see if i can save the drive? this might have been started by a power outage while a movie was being watched on my htpc. or it could be a bad drive.

• Check smart data for that drive.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!