Error updating Secondary OMV-extras "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1'"

• Sub, your last post here is confusing. I think you meant "and send the LAN client to real DNS server to resolve WAN ips". Most routers will automatically pick up a ISP's DNS server here in the USA. It has been that way for a while. Several years ago we used to have to enter the DNS servers ip. I have not done that for some time now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes well they all pick a DNS server from the ISP, that DNS ip then gets pushed to local clients by DHCP (usually two entries). What i am saying is that the LAN gateway is not configured to resolve DNS directly, like for example when you set up to intercept all dns traffic. Then the LAN gateway would become the DNS resolver (for local & internet)

• What a DNS server does, just so he knows:

A company, abc.com, may have a server that has WAN ip of 56.37.56.93
    People are not able to remember numbers like this so they created DNS servers so a name could be used, abc.com
    When you enter abc.com in a browser it does not know what ip to go to. So it has to do a lookup with a DNS server.
    The name is sent and then the DNS server looks up the name abc.com and sends back the real ip address of the website
    for abc.com (i.e. 56.37.56.93).

Some DNS servers may be down or not be able to find the information you need. If your OMV does not find what it needs with the primary DNS server it will seek on the secondary. So it is good to fill in both.

PS- Sometimes you will be trying to connect to a website, say abc.com, and you are not getting connected. Then if you try the real ip address, 56.37.56.93 and you get connected this tells you that you have a DNS issue with your settings, or your DNS server is down. So it is good to have one website where you know the numerical ip address along with the name so you can test things.

PPS- here is an example, you can put either in your browser but the numerical address does not need to look up where to go.
    http://www.olivegarden.com

• Thanks to all for the input. I think I understand the DNS/IP thing.

But why does omv have problems to resolve a host with only the 192.168.1.1 DNS entry? My laptop and windows phone are able to reach the sites without any problems?

• I have seems same problem:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post the error output. The first post in the thread you linked to is a dns server setting issue.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your post didn't translate very well on Google. Can you login as root (enable ssh and use putty) and post the output of apt-get update

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• keine Bearbeitungsrechte..

meine das ist ein und derselbe Fehler (not the same error)

Siehe Anhang: (see attached)
    ich klicke auf prüfen und dann dieser Fehler (click on check and then tis error after 30 sec)

Über die shell habe ich das auch nach einer Anleitung versucht die reinzufügen, klappt nicht.
    Der Fehler tritt ebenso bei der Aktualisierungsverwaltung auf ( same error on the update control page)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The pic doesn't show enough output to help you. You could at least paste the output when you click details (if you can't access the shell).

• Hi Guys,

I have the same issue that looks like the one posted by Condor. I have tried the DNS and it didn't work. Also I've tried other solutions like removing/changing source list but without success. I have removed almost all extra plugins but issue still occurs. I am unable to check Update Manager or Plugins using GUI or SSH. I am attaching full error message I get. Please keep in mind that I am quite new to OMV and Linux, so I would be thankful if you could explain needed steps as simple as possible.

Thank you in advance

P.S.
    There are similar issues on other threads that recommend to disable some respositories, however I don't know how to verify which one in my case.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The tvheadend repo switched from http to https. Disable the vdr repo and try again.

• Thank you very much I've removed plugins that I thought were connecting to tvheadend URL (Couch Potato / Sickbeard / Sabnzbd), however I was not aware that this is a custom repo and was not under "Plugins" page. Sorry for the trouble as I clearly see that the error message is showing everything and I should done it myself :(. I have removed the tvheadend repo and it worked, so again big thanks to you.

P.S.
    Please forgive me for such stupid question, but I would like to understand OMV better: are repos (repositories) and plugins the same thing? How to disable a custom repo such as tvheadend (other than remove/delete) as there was no option for it, not like for the ones in "Plugins" section?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plugins are stored in repos. I created more than one repo because some repos enable third party repos as well. I didn't want these repos enabled for users who don't use the plugins in those repos. So, to disable a repo like VDR, you go to the Repo tab in omv-extras and uncheck the box. No need to uninstall any plugins. The plugins do not enable the repo. When the repo is disabled, you just don't won't receive updates for plugins in that repo. Make sense?

• Thank you for the reply however I don't see any tick box for TVHeadend the only tick box are related to regular repos, but even if I untick all of them this error still occurs. The only way I found for update to work is to delete the TVHeadend completely. I've tried to edit the URL to HTTPS but it didn't work either. Is there any way to solve this instead of removing the repo before every update check/upgrade? I am using OMV 0.2 version for Banana Pi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!