Error updating Secondary OMV-extras "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1'"

• I have installed the OMV-Extras.org repository. This is running and I am able to install some plug-ins (e.g. cups, extplorer). I would like to install now plex server. But when I try to activate the plex media repository I got below errorr message. I am aware that I have to activate the repository on the second tab.

When clicking on save the site reload and a 30 seconds later I receive following error message.

Any ideas? Seems that any files are not loaded.

What could I do to solve this?

Thanks.

• Thanks for your hint.

I have done this and updated the sources.list

When I am performing an update of I still receive the following error message:

For me its looks like I habe problem to receive the following

Code
    http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/dists/kralizec/Release.gpg

. But I am able to open this file with firefox on my notebook. So it should not a DNS problem.

I pdated the source list by changing the links to:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
    deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
    deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

Any other clues? Anyone could help?

Thanks.

• try

Code
    apt-get clean
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

if that doesn't help:
    Remove this directory
    rm -fr /var/lib/apt/list

Recreate the necessary directory structure
    mkdir -p /var/lib/apt/list/partial

• Have done all steps including recreating the directory sturcutre via SSH.

I am still receiving these error message via "Update Manager" -> "check"

Looking at the error messages I noticed that all upcoming when trying to get "Release.gpg" this file from various sites. Curios.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to set your DNS servers.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If I set up something like 8.8.8.8 I revenue no error message. If I leave the DNS blank I got an error for each website. So a lot of errors.

When I set it back to my routers IP (192.168.1.1) I receive again the above mentioned error codes with "release. Gpg". Strange...

• You should only need the primary, your router, if it is working correctly. Your router has a dns server and that will resolve everything on your lan and it should the internet too. The secondary is Google's dns service, 8.8.8.8, and that is good for everything on the internet, but not devices on your lan. We just have people do the Google one as a backup.

You router's dns server normally hooks up with a dns server of your ISP to resolve stuff from the internet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You router's dns server normally hooks up with a dns server of your ISP to resolve stuff from the internet.

Some router depending on their ISP or configuration resolve locally only and push two real servers to lan clients (this ones being pushed by the ISP by WAN dhcp or pppoe). If that's the case 192.168.1.1 won't resolve to WAN. Thats why i suggested to check on the other LAN clients what kind of dns they had by DHCP (like the typical 2 entries 200.XX.XX.XX)

• When I am looking in the WLAN settings of my Windows phone which is connected via DHCP (no static IP) the Standardgateway is 192.168.1.1 but the DNS is 83.169.185.xxx which should be my ISP.

Does this mean that my router has no internal DNS server?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!