Since upgrade to 1.0 my SMB shares aren't working

• Hi All,

I run omv and plex on the same box, but for several reasons I have a second box which runs apps which have need to copy new content to my omv shares. I have an account I set up on my omv box for samba shares which has write permissions, and my other box has these credentials for mapping the shares

This all worked fine until I upgraded to 1.0 - but now I have this weirdness going on.

When a file is being processed on the second box the file gets created, with 0kb size, but the permissions aren't correct. Accounts which are supposed to have write don't, apart from the account I use to map the shares from the second box.

But the logs all state the copy can not be completed because permissions are denied - I can't work out why I have permissions to start the copy, but once started permissions fail? I thought the account being used to create and copy the contents would both be the account used to map the shares?

As far as I can tell the settings are all the same as they were before (although I had to change the guest access drop down to allow read access from the rest of my network).

Can anyone suggest a course of action to fix this up?

• File: `Arrow'
    Size: 4096 Blocks: 16 IO Block: 4096 directory
    Device: fc00h/64512d Inode: 32768467 Links: 4
    Access: (2775/drwxrwsr-x) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 100/ users)
    Access: 2014-11-08 21:31:51.121455439 +1100
    Modify: 2014-11-08 21:31:42.397759800 +1100
    Change: 2014-11-08 21:31:42.397759800 +1100
    Birth: -

I'm not sure what you mean by using both, I have my user set up in Privileges, but of course there are ACLs set up and information in the ACL settings if I open it - I assume this is generated by omv for me?

I 'reset' permissions by deleting and re-adding the share

• Offizieller Beitrag

I 'reset' permissions by deleting and re-adding the share

That does not reset permissions. Check there you have setgid bit (2755), which is not default.

chmod 0775 -R Arrow/
    chown root:users -R Arrow/

just in case you have ACL modified, this will reset them.

setfacl -bR Arrow/

Just stay with privileges, disconnect all samba clients, restart samba. Mount shares again and check if they work

• [Tv]
    path = /media/e9572a00-9b32-46dd-a6d2-d93765afa451/tv/
    guest ok = yes
    read only = no
    browseable = yes
    inherit acls = no
    inherit permissions = yes
    ea support = no
    store dos attributes = no
    printable = no
    create mask = 0755
    force create mode = 0644
    directory mask = 0755
    force directory mode = 0755
    hide dot files = yes
    valid users = "guestacc","MyAcc",@"ReadWrite"
    invalid users =
    read list =
    write list = "guestacc","MyAcc",@"ReadWrite"

Not sure why guestacc is in that list though

• I still have the same issue, but when logged in to the second machine I can make directories, and copy, etc.. so I'm wondering if my instance of sickbeard may be trying to perform tasks with its own credentials, which would possibly mean it doesnt have permissions (even though the mount is done with accounts that can?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sickbeard user has his primary group set to users, he can read-write everything in the shares, as long as they were created by default in OMV. Default permissions for shares in the FS layer are 2775. Also the number 2 setgid, forces that every creation inside the share-folder will be set up to group users. In this case wouldn't be the sabnzbd the problem? thats the downloader AFIK. I don't use sickbeard and sabnzbd lately but i see this option in sabnzbd

• so not sure how it happened, but for some reason files created by nobody were getting wrong permissions

to solve this I created a user on my omv box with the same uid as my other box, and added them to users group in omv, now it creates files with the right permissions

• so not sure how it happened, but for some reason files created by nobody were getting wrong permissions

to solve this I created a user on my omv box with the same uid as my other box, and added them to users group in omv, now it creates files with the right permissions

I had functional shared folders set with privileges and after I used rsync over night to copy data from my old NAS the permissions were screwed up the next morning.

Nothing worked I could not log into any share where everything was working the day before (rebooted everything). I tried that twice with resetting my entire RAID.

And to my suprise after reading this thread I checked the rsync options and noticed it uses user "nobody".....mhh could that be related to my problem? I don't know.

I will report back after my test tomorrow with rsync and a different user.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!