• Hi,
    I'm using openmediavault 0.3.1.
    I've got a problem to log to the Openmediavault's GUI. When I write my user name and password the screen just refresh.

I made a video to show you this issue :
    http://tinypic.com/r/1z3mfsl/6

I cannot connect to the hard drive with CIFS/Samba.
    I can connect to the srever by SSH.

Do you have any idea to fix this?

Thank you.

• Ok, I think I know why my harddrive on which openmediavault is installed become full.
    I use Rsync to copy files from one internal HDD to another internal HDD, no problem with this one.
    But, I also use Rsync to copy to a USB HDD. It works when the external HDD is plugged. But when it's unplugged and the Rsync starts, the files copy on the partition with openmediavault installed. So it becomes full quickly.
    How can I do to avoid copying files when my external HDD is unplugged ?

Thank you,

• So the problem is :
    When the USB disk is plugged, it's mounted in /media/46943E9694 and the system disk is not in /media/ (Is it normal ? ) .
    When I unplug the USB disk, the system disk becomes mounted in /media/46943E9694 (the same) . So when Rsync starts it copies on the system disk.
    I don't understand why the disk system is mounted as the USB disk when this last one is unplugged.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanx

• Did you put another partition on your system disk? The system partition for omv will never mount at /media. Also, how are you mounting your drives? When your drives are mounted via the omv GUI the drives uuid will be mounted at /media. The number you show above is not a drives uuid. So what are you doing?

FYI, /sdd1 and /sdb1 are partitions, not devices. Your devices would be /sdd, sata disk d, and /sdb, sata disk b. If you do the following command it will list your drives and any partitions on them:

fdisk -l

• Hi tekkbebe,

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Did you put another partition on your system disk?

No, there is nothing else.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Also, how are you mounting your drives? The system partition for omv will never mount at /media

I mounted my drives with OMV gui. I don't now why my system partition is mounted at /media.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

If you do the following command it will list your drives and any partitions on them:
    fdisk -l

So my system disk is sdb, and I've got this :

Code
    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
    /dev/sdb1   *           1       19056   153060352   83  Linux
    /dev/sdb2           19056       19458     3227649    5  Extended
    /dev/sdb5           19056       19458     3227648   82  Linux swap / Solaris

So I've got 3 partitions. What does it mean ?

Thank you tekkbebe,

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Your sdb partitions look good. Did you back up your system disk to your USB stick?

Which USB stick are you talking about ? I just used once a USB stick to install the system, since I never used it again.
    I didn't backup my system disk. How can I do this ? by SSH ?

Thanks,

• You did not read when you set up your Rsync job. Where you enter the Destination Shared Folder you click on the plus sign to add the path, then under the Path field it says "The path of the folder to share. The specified folder will be created if it does not already exist."

Your system disk is not being mounted there. The Rsync job you created is making a new folder 46943E9694 in /media when your usb hard disk is disconnected and then it does the backup job to path /media/46943E9694.

So don't setup a Rsync job to disk you are going to disconnect. If you use Rsync to a usb hard drive do it manually, in command line, and make sure your usb hard disk is connected.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

You did not read when you set up your Rsync job. Where you enter the Destination Shared Folder you click on the plus sign to add the path, then under the Path field it says "The path of the folder to share. The specified folder will be created if it does not already exist."

Your system disk is not being mounted there. The Rsync job you created is making a new folder 46943E9694 in /media when your usb hard disk is disconnected and then it does the backup job to path /media/46943E9694.

So don't setup a Rsync job to disk you are going to disconnect. If you use Rsync to a usb hard drive do it manually, in command line, and make sure your usb hard disk is connected.

Hi,
    Ok I got it. Thank you.

I'm trying to understand how mounting disk with linux. When I mount the USB disk it works well. But when I unplug it and plug it again, I got this :

Do I have to unmout the disk before unplugging it ?

Thank you,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!