Guide to Grow Raid 5 ?

• Excuse for my english

Currently I use Openfiler especially because i can Grow Raid 5 with this guide :

https://forums.openfiler.com/i…pansion-in-openfiler-299/

With 10 Drives i will not grow it anymore, so a new System comes with 4 TB Drives.

but the Openfiler System is very old.
    The new Mainboard makes Problems with the openfiler installation, Updates are not funktioning in gui and the support is not so good

Is it Posible to grow a Raid 5 or 6 with OpenMediaVault ?
    Is there an step by step guide ?
    i have found this :

"You can do it from the omv webUI. First grow the raid5 array by adding the new device, once it finishes reshaping, you will need to grow the physical volume.From the cli you can grow the pv with pvresize /dev/md0, after refreshing the ui, it should display the new size for pv, also for the vg. From there you can extend from the webUI the logical partition. Finally you can go to file system section and press the resize option.If you don't feel to sure about this, you can try first in a virtual machine. So you can play around with the procedure."

Ok, OMV has an Button to do this in the gui ?

Bernd

• Offizieller Beitrag

That step by step is for growing a raid5 and a LVM. If is only a raid5, is just as simple as press the grow button and add the disk and watch the reshaping. Then of course you need to expand the FS with resize button.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!