Plex and CPU load

• Dear all,

after installing an testing pley i think it is great :thumbup:
    But there is one thing that wonders me... sometimes if nothing is happening on that system (no one uses it = idle) I get messages from OMV that:

Zitat

Resource limit succeeded Service localhost

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 18:54:22
    Action: alert
    Host: openmediavault
    Description: 'localhost' loadavg(5min) check succeeded [current loadavg(5min)=3.9]

The background maintenance tasks should start at noon - not now ...

I can not find any "activities" in the Plex Log...

But when I opened the OMV syslog I found the following:

And because I have no idea what OMV wants me to know I would like to ask for your help/knoledge what my system is doing...
    Any Idea's?

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• Hi Solo0815,

thanks for your reply...

What I did till now:
    Started the server at about 10:00 the opened the Plex WebGui and did noting else, started nothing...
    Now 12:23 there are 25% CPU used...
    System Info / Processes:

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• I think with the current version of Plex many of us are seeing high cpu usage at certain times. It does not seem to be all the time. Hopefully they realize this and it will be fixed in the next version. The last version did not do this.

• Hi tekkb,
    so you say it ist ok, that I get that monit mails in times nothing happens? (nothing that I see)
    Thanks in advance

• After viewing something I have about 78-80% cpu load...

processes:

• no that was after watching something.. about 5 min later
    load is still above 80%

• hm, thanks for fast reply!
    So do you think that is normal for that version?!?!?
    Can you give me a hint what to insert at the OMV firewall section that only traffic from an to local network is ok? Local is 192.168.1.xxx only to be sure nothing else happens...

• but what you see is correct ;) it writes 343 % ;)
    can I do anything?
    => A restart helps till next view

• Offizieller Beitrag

You must have a quad core or larger cpu. It can 100% for each core you have. 340% on Linux is 85% on Windows (if you have a quad core).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• it is a Intel i3-4130 (2 Core's / 4 Threads) http://ark.intel.com/de/produc…ocessor-3M-Cache-3_40-GHz
    and 85% is what is shown.

Only to be sure: switched from german to english (no other result at all ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is a linux thing. Here is my quadg34 amd system load:

• ok, can I stop that process on a simple way? don't want to restart the system after every video....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!