OpenVPN issues / convert to OpenVPN from AS

• Hi!
    I want to connect to my network via OpenVPN in order to use SMB/OwnCloud/... securely.
    In order to accomplish that goal I installed the OpenVPN plugin from the omv-extras repository, but even after enormous effort and working through a lot of tutorials I did not manage to get it working. (My setup is:
    static IP address <--> Router (NAT) <--> OMV-Server
    <--> other devices
    While SOCKS-proxy via SSH seemed to work, it is not the same flawless experience I'd have with OpenVPN.
    So I downloaded OpenVPN-AS, which got the configuration right instantly. I installed it, followed the instructions displayed by the plugin, and it worked instantly and flawlessly.
    But having a web-reachable interface with passwords (I chose a 60 character random password from a HWRNG) kinda sucks and I also dislike that I can only connect with up to two clients at a time.

Is there a way to copy the settings created by the OpenVPN-AS to a OpenVPN install? Or can I just work around the AS thing, deactivate the password auth, stop the port forwarding in my router and connect directly with certificates and without the problems with the 2 users max?

Thank you so much for your help.

//edit: bin Deutscher, also Antworten auch gerne auf deutsch, dachte nur dass das Forum hier englischsprachig ist...

• Is there a way to copy the settings created by the OpenVPN-AS to a OpenVPN install?

Didn't notice this post before but I answer this question... No, the plugins are different and use different clients. You cannot move any settings from one to the other plugin and only one of the plugins should be installed at a time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!