Plex 404 on web client

• Please be kind my first post and only been playing with omv for a day or two :)

I originally had plex installed on my PC which connects to my apple TV, a freind has given me a lenovo m73 a tiny silent PC, my plan is to move my plex to this device whit a large external drive for storage and leave on all the time.

Plex has installed fine and is running, but I get 404 on the web client window ?

odd thing is, if I let the server run on my PC then open OMV it works fine, even being able to view my omv library via my apple tv and ipad, I have a couple of films on a stick to test this.

I can even turn off my PC once the film has started and it works fine, but after a reboot etc on the omv I get the 404

Have i got it installed in the wrong place ? or database folders vol wrong ?

I have the latest omv installed and i've reinstalled plex

Any suggests ?

• Did you try restarting the service:

/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver restart

It is kinda weird what you are describing. Have you rebooted too and this is still happening? Did you activate any firewall rules???

• Thanks for the reply

after restart I get

"Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.14:32400."

I don't remember activating any firewall, does omv come with one as standard ?

I've forwarded all the ports etc in my router to the above ip which is the ml37

• So you get nothing with the button that has the link to pull it up or in the iframe??? iframe is the web client.

The apple tv I think you would have to jailbreak. I'm not an apple user so not sure of the status on that. There are other cheap devices you could buy as a substituve. Also, if you have a Samsung Smart TV they have a really good Plex app.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!