[SOLVED]RAID vanishes after reboot

• Hi everyone,
    I'm writing a new thread because I haven't found yet a solution: I've got a NAS with OMV installed on an USB drive and with two hard drives (both 1TB), and I would use it as a backup solution. The problem is that once I've create the RAID with the two hard drives, mounted it and shared it on the LAN, it disappears after I reboot the NAS or after few days without using it, and I always have to re-create the RAID (mirror) from the start; I've got another NAS, with the same OMV version and with the same purpose, but it doesn't show anything like that.

Searching for a solution in the forum, I' ve found this: [RESOLVED] RAID on LVM logical vols. not avail. after reboot but I don't know if it is the same problem of mine.

Thank you all!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

cat /proc/mdstat
    cat /etc/fstab

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Having the same problem. Using pure software raid.

Fresh build. New machine. 3 drive raid5. Got everything working and started transferring content.

Was going to add a USB drive. So I shutdown. (Was looking for a cable etc... gave up. Rebooted. No raid. The smart polling shows no issues. It looks like the drives just forgot to be raided.

On a plane right now or I would post the cat results.

BTW... tried hardware raid last weekend and after reboot the omv corrupted something. So trying software now.

• Further update. When I left for Denver, I had kicked off a new raid device. When I got back today, it was done and a file system was to be mounted. I mounted it and everything was there. GREAT... rebooted. and raid gone.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:

omv-mkconf fstab
    mount -a

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are the drives connected via USB?

• Are the drives connected via USB?

Negative. They are SATA direct connected to the Motherboard.

I kicked off the resynch this morning and it is moving s...l...o...w... :) 3.4% done and only 400 min to go :0

For Subzero:

• blkid

lsmod | grep raid

• This is the output - there is an autostart entry I see.
    and I see the entry but now at 17% on the resynch
    ARRAY /dev/md0 metadata=1.2 name=Caligula:raiddevice UUID=ac5fda77:e2b09bad:58c5cb4a:08de2ab8

Off to work - will be back in a few hours.

• Hi all.

I think I have the same issue. For reference I had 4 drives in a RAID6 array, I added another drive, it was about half way through doing the add but the server froze for whatever reason so I had to do a hard reboot. Ever since then the RAID array doesn't show up but it does in all the configs really.

blkid

lsmod | grep raid

/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

/etc/default/mdadm

DAMONSTER - OMV 1.8 - 42TB RAID6
    XEON 1270 v3 - 16GB SAMSUNG ECC - X10SL7-F - ANTEC 1200 - HIGHPOINT 2720 - HIGHPOINT 640L - CORSAIR RM750 -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Dimtar ()

• Plain lvm user here, had the vg for about a year without changes and without issues. Root mountpoint has always been 2775.

Tried OMV last night, seemed to be working fine. Looked today and found that only SOME of the users group could write and some could read. Checked and doubled checked everything, set 777 on everything on the lvm, set owner to root:users (as suggested several times in other threads) etc etc etc.

After many hours root (or any other standard linux user) can ls the lvm, see all contents including permissions, but nothing installed by openmediavault can.

Good luck to everyone else!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!