backup on lower capacity hd

• Hallo, maybe this is a silly question, but I am a total novice. I have made a search in the forum, but without any luck, so please help me.
    I am building a Nas on a Hp N54L with 4 x 3tb WD Red (I am thinkig to put them in Raid 10, but open to your suggestion) and a 64gb ssd for OMV.
    in the cd tray I have a tray for both a 2,5 hd (here is the OMV ssd) and a 3,5 hd which I plan to use for backup.
    with this configuration my raid can hold up to 6tb, and here is the question:
    to backup the full raid, do I need an expensive 6TB hd or can I use 2 x 3tb hd I already have? (something like backups on cd1 cd2 etc as I do on my laptop).
    Thank you

• You would need to seperate the backup yourself. Automated backup from one single Array to two disks is not possible.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!