MB: P8Z77WS Asus
    CPU: Intel i3 ivy bridge
    Memory: 16GB G.Skill DDR3
    Hard drive setup:
    -LSI SAS 9207-8i
    --6 256GB Samsung SSD (Raid5)
    -On board sata ports
    --5 3TB Seagate (Raid5)
    Boot OS is on a 8GB AData USB flash drive.

Now I had this system working on a P8Z77-VLK Asus motherboard perfectly. Except that motherboard was defective as it had a bad SATA port that I needed, so instead of waiting 2+ weeks for RMA, I decided to buy bigger and better and got the WS board. Now for some reason it has been total hell to install OMV, and when I finally did get it installed, when I go to configure a raid5 array thru the SSD drives, after waiting a minute or two, the error "mpt2sas0: diag reset: FAILED" appears 9 times on the console screen of the OMV and I get "error has occurred" on the web interface. Of course when this happens the whole system pretty much crashes without saying so.

I have updated the bios and firmware (IT version) to the newest. That did not help. I turned off all the usb ports in this motherboard except the two I needed to run my keyboard and usb flash drive and that did not help. I turned off boot support in the LSI card.

I am stuck guys :( It doesn't help that I barely remember how to use linux these days either.

• Man, this is the biggest overkill rig. What are you thinking? What are the raid 5 ssds all about? I would start by taking out all the ssds and the flash drive. I would put back in 1 ssd as system drive. Give more info on what you're trying to accomplish with this Frankenstein OMV.

Do this command via SSH and see if it gets your omv web going:

apt-get clean

• It wouldnt let me.

I ended up installing nas4free and it seems to be working perfectly. Setup a raid5 with all my ssds, and a zpool w/ the 64gb ssds, setup a mount point and even sent files to it perfectly too.

I prefer OMV though, and wish I could get this working in OMV :(

and I love over kill :)

• The biggest problem you have is the current version of omv probably does not have drivers for some of the components on your motherboard. Wait for the OMV ver. .5 to try that motherboard again. It will be based on Debian Wheezy and have a newer kernel, drivers, etc... Otherwise wait til you get the rma back.

PS- the problem may be due to your flash drive for the operating system. We need to create a folder with ppl that have failed with flash drives cuz there are so many posts where people had issues with them.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

The biggest problem you have is the current version of omv probably does not have drivers for some of the components on your motherboard. Wait for the OMV ver. .5 to try that motherboard again. It will be based on Debian Wheezy and have a newer kernel, drivers, etc... Otherwise wait til you get the rma back.

Any idea of an ETA on the .5? Perhaps I could help beta test it with my hardware?

I don't need to actually use this NAS till January. I've just been trying to get everything together, burned in, and tested, before I actually need it.

btw I'm in the IRC chat if you want to come chat it up

• I am having the same issue with an ASUS P8Z77WS with an i5 processor and 32Gb of RAM, I have 2x SAS9207-8i HBA's in the server and 8 out of 16 drive bays populated, 4 drives per card, 2 drives per card channel. I am running CentOS6.3 but I have tried every other OS under the sun as well and have the same issue, the HBA's just stop responding on the PCI bus if they are put under heavy load for any length of time.

• I cannot initialise an 8 drive raid6 array using all the drives or even say two 4 drive raid5 arrays (1 array per card) without the cards just flaking out .. I has to be a firmware issue with the LSI and ASUS WS probably relating to PCIe v3.0 as it is like fairly new technology :( Once an LSI HBA goes off to never never land the system requires a hard power cycle to get it back working again..

• It's super frustrating having this new beefy server just sitting there like a big paperweight!! :( My system drives are attached to the onboard controller and I am using the LSI HBA's simply for big raid arrays..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!