I need help configuring a SSH user

• Hello OMV-Community!

I'm pretty new to Linux and CLI in common and I'm having some trouble with my newly build NAS with Krazilec 1.5.

I want to create 1 SSH user, which has the following permissions:

Permission to start a programm/tool per commandline, for example "krusader" explorer (the programm itself will be aviable through xming on a windows pc),
    the user should only be able to access and navigate all HDDs which are mounted in /media/, except for 1 folder on one of these drives. All new attached and mounted external drives, should be instantly accessible for this user.
    In short: He should ONLY have access what lays behind /media/, except for one folder and should be able to start "krusader" explorer over CLI.

This is my stepfathers NAS and he is not really good with CLI, putty or linux in common. Me neither, but atleast midnight commander is more than enough for me, to copy files internally.
    Problem is, he wants an app for everything. So, thats why I was searching for an internal fileexplorer with gui that works without any problems, but not with root permissions, he could accidently delete or change files with it.
    The extplorer plugin does not really work on our NAS, its kinda buggy. If you try to copy files with it, it just doesnt react when executed, but the server copies the files to some point and then stops working without any warnings.

Thank you in advance!

OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
    ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black

• Okay thanks - I will take a look into that.

OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
    ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black

• The user also has to be in the SSH group to be able to connect via SSH.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I know, but that was not the question :) Or atleast I was not able to configure the user like that, that he could access all drives (also newly mounted ones, for example USB ones) instantly per file explorer, but only them. He should not have access outside of /media/ - Because he could delete/alter some files outside of it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!