Samba aint working

• My problem is:
    Shares was working fine for few days suddendly i cant see anything on the windows 7 network. And i say windows 7 cause i have a windows 98se PC that was able to see the server.
    My windows 7 PCs cant see the server on the network anymore. Dunno what could have happend.
    I tried to reset, restart the server nothing. I updated nothing. I have closed the service and tried with dif options still nothing. Im out of the ideas :/ .
    Someone could help me here? DOnt know what else to do.
    I was sending files to the server when it stoped responding. It was a lot of terabytes that i want to transfer so i am uploading files for few days.

• I reinstalled OMV and now it works dont know what happend maybe an update.
    Now i have another problem i was sharing a 3TB hdd with my movies in it.
    When i shared it i made a mistake and i had to go to file movies and then click on another file movies to enter my movies.
    I thought that i could delete the share movies and do it again right but it started to delete all my movies..... As soon as i realize i shut down the pc was able to save half of my movies.
    Is it possible to restore my files now or they are lost?

• Ext3/4 filesystem? Try extundelete.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• cant find a lot of demonstration videos about how to use extundelete :/ Can anyone pls guide me for the basics. Like do i need to install to a pc ubuntu or another linux os to use it?
    Also about samba it stopped working again i found a guide at this web page http://www.tannerwilliamson.co…haring-fix-samba-smb/394/ but it seems that is kinda random. From my 3 windows 7 pcs
    2 see the shares with no problem at one of them i didnt had to change anything to work. And still have 1 windows 7 machine that refuse to see the server.

Small update i connected another PC windows to the network with windows 7 home premium and can see the server with no changes at all.. Looks like the only pc that cant connect its the one that i used to login to OMV.... Could it be that the case?

• Grab the systemrescuecd and burn it to a cd or usb stick and boot it up.

Then just run

Code
    extundelete /dev/sdxX

from a terminal. ;) Replace xX with disk/partition. You may be asked to specify another option, but it should be fine that way too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Okey some updates about the sharing i manage to find the server by using the ip adress like you suggested on your post. But i cant understand why thats the only pc that cant find the server on the network places like the rest.

About the recovery i have the following issue i boot with systemrescuecd i found the commnad BUT i cant store the data on the HDD of the pc. We are talking about 3tb drive. I can use another 3TB external usb drive that i have.
    But how excacly will i tell it to save what ever files there and not use the PCs internal HDD?
    For exable if i use commnad # extundelete /dev/sdb1 –restore-all where will it save the restore files?

One more issue when i testdisk i find my disk at /dev/sdb ... Do i need to use also the 1 at the end or not?

• The last time I used it I did not specify -restore-all. extundelete does what the name says, it undeletes files. They are restored in place, no need for addtional space.

Greetings
    David

• Update. I used active@ undelete before it didnt find anything after i used extundelete i run one more scan again just in case. ATM it is finding files like crazy it will take 2-3 more hours but so far it seems that will find if not all most of my files. So thx for that davidh2k might extundelete maybe wasnt able to restore them but it sure helped :).

Atm im waiting for the scan to finnish.

• Let us know the final results then. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Update is... as follows.
    It seems i lost my videos... undelete found 1500 deleted videos but with no name and after i copy them i couldnt open them. Then i found out that recovery works mostly for small files for bigger ones you also need to repair them... It seems to me that it would be easier to download them again...
    Anywhay i try to install utorrent on the server for the last 4 hours but i have no luck its like the server became self aware and doenst want to do ANYTHING.
    After countless commands and research i had the following problems.

1) When i formated the server and reinstall it again when i go to the updates from the UI the log file that appears after you click on the upgrade button it stays blank no matter what.
    After some research i used SSH and command omv update in order to do them right.

2)utorrent doenst start no matter what. after much time trying to figure out what is going on i came up to this.
    root@openmediavault:~# /etc/init.d/utorrent-server start
    Starting uTorrent Server: utserver/usr/bin/utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    failed!
    I cant install that library NO MATTER WHAT if anyone have any idea how to do it pls tell me

• The only reason that i tried to install utorrent was because when i google the words omv and torrent, utorrent was the 1st that came up actually transmission wasnt even there and deluge was way down.
    I didnt even know that transmissions and deluge where torrent clients untill now.....
    Why on earth there isnt enough information about omv on the internet unless you know where to look excacly :/ .
    Thank god the moderators here care and trying to help or i will be lost.

Anywhay i manage to install transmission but i cant make the gui to work... when i write http://192.168.1.101:9091/transmission/web i get nothing any ideas about how to fix that?
    And few more questions if you can help me out one is about debian-transmission that says that i need to give share write access to the hdd. I manage to do it but i wanted to clarify that i only have to give access by adding it to a user account that have write/read access to the drive right? For exable Lagunas is user with read/write access.. I just need to add the debian-transimission to that user right?

Also i see that i have pyload installed dont know how it get there was it with transmission or i added it while i was trying to install deluge or utorrent?
    I understand that this is something like a downloadmanager but i cant make it to work when i try to enable it and click on the web interface i get error response 400.

Thanks again for your help subzero79 i really appreciate the time you spend trying to help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!