How I can get my shares from internet?

• Depends on your protocol. However, I would NEVER expose a share via port to the internet. Please consider a VPN plugin and then connect via your local IP to your data.

If you want to access some of your data via WebBrowser, please use something like Owncloud.

• Aren't you at least a little bit feared that opening services to the internet, that, in the current implementation, use unencrypted transfers?

Take a look at owncloud, though the software is really slow, but it does what you request.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Or use the webdav plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks everybody,
    I did setup ownCloud and in my router did port forwarding (port# 8443 is open for public and for OMV). Then on remote PC I put my WAN IP into IE and nothing happened, so I still can not connect to my share. What did I do wrong?

• For starters, is your WAN IP a real IP, can you reach at least ONE thing behind it at your home? Also, really try to access it from outside your network, some systems can't resolve routing to the internet and back into the exact same gateway you come from.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Is your WAN IP / DDNS added to the trusted domains of OwnCloud?

Greetings
    David

• Wait for @tekkb to arrive. He will tell you how to.

Greetings
    David

• I would start from scratch....

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-owncloud
    apt-get --purge remove owncloud

Be careful on the setup of the certs you create and use with ownCloud. Read the whole Guide before you go through and set it up.

• The common name of the self signed search needs to match the domain you are using when connecting remotely. If you use a wan ip that is what you use. If you use a domain name, or ddns name, you would use whatever you use when connecting remotely for the common name of the certificate. Once ownCloud is setup if you try to change the cert it will wipe your config.php. Read the Guide. It is all in there.

• Sorry again, I'm new in Linux, and I know my question is stupid, but how I can install plugins if I don't have .deb file. I downloaded plugin as number of files and folder. Could anybody provide step by step instruction how to do it please?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!