New installation 1.0.20, black screen

• Hello guys. Sorry....By Google translator:

For several days I have been looking for information on this topic. The Debian installation solution did not fix anything.I also saw the screen in black when I finished starting omv. I could only use it using ssh.

The real solution to this problem is as follows:
    nano /etc/default/grub
    Change line to:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT = "splash vga = 792"
    (VGA Resolution and Color Depth reference Chart:http://Https://www.pendrivelin…to-set-screen-resolution/)
    Sudo update-grub and reboot

Solved.

• Does not work. works fine for grub but it looks like OMV loads some type of drivers which override grubs settings.

• So i wanted to reply to this post should anyone have this same issue. i troubleshot this with the help of the great people on the IRC chat and found the problem.

I had an emulex connectx 3 card in my first PCI-e slot
    i had my video card (gt 6300) in my second PCI-e slot

put my video card in the primary slot and I can see video!!!

the other issue i was having is that with no video i would also get crazy latecy numbers from the emulex card, ranging from 40-600ms

now that the cards are swapped im getting 1-3ms.

hopes this helps someone else in the future!!!

• Installed OMV 5.6.13 & had blank screen on the connected monitor after boot with Grub displaying for few seconds during booting process. The message in monitor was 'Input not supported'. Remote web access & SSH were working fine. Editing grub file as per KM0201's instructions worked for me. Thanks !

Now I can get the command line on the monitor at 1024x768 resolution

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!