Will we ever be able to stor users home directory on system disk?

• OMV 1.0
    • Will we ever be able to stor users home directory on system disk?

I read it is forbidden to store the user directories on the system disk.

HOMES directory on /dev/sda1 - boot disk

There is a work around, but with the changing of disks I do frequently, this is obviously not a great thing. I'm not too sure why I would want user files pertaining to SSH and other things on a disk that can be swapped out, or worse fail and die. So, is this planned?

Out of curiosity, what is the logic behind this?
    • Oh, and the misterious OS Disk is impossible to fail?

Back them up like any other share... or if you really want to risk the data to go down with your OS Disk, use symlinks.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • Not via GUI. But if you really want it, do it via symlinks.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.