Missing Filesystem

• Hi everyone,
    I encounter a problem with the filesystem after a reboot. The XFS filesystem which I created went missing . Is there anyway to recreating it without destorying the data in it? :cry:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe you should first find out why it is missing. The filesystems are stored as in each linux system in /etc/fstab. If it is not mounted during boot there is a problem that should be solved by you.

• I also have the same issue as I , like an idiot, just ripped a drive out of the machine, and figured I could always just once booted go into the ui and remove the drive then. As it turns out it does not work that way.

I found the drive in fstab and commented it out, but I still see missing filesystem?

• Besides taking the drive entry out of /etc/fstab you need to take the drive out of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

1) cd /etc/openmediavault/
    2) cp config.xml config-old.xnl
    3) then you need to use nano and find the entry like this:
    <fstab>
    <!--
    <mntent>
    <uuid>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</uuid>
    <fsname>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx|xxxx-xxxx|/dev/xxx</fsname>
    <dir>/xxx/yyy/zzz</dir>
    <type>ext2|ext3|ext4|xfs|jfs|iso9660|udf</type>
    <opts></opts>
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>0|1|2</passno>
    </mntent>
    -->
    </fstab>

the first mount entry you see with xxxx's is the format for the other filesystems that are added. you need to delete the filesystem that you removed from your omv. Delete the entry, that had the uuid from the web gui you want removed, including from the beginning <mntent> to the ending <mntent> and then save the file. If you mess it up we have backed up you config.xml with the copy command (cp). Come back and ask for more help...

PS- the above fstab from config.xml does not have any filesystems entered. the 1st fstab marks the beginning of the filesystem section of the config file and the 2nd fstab marks the end of that section, there are indentations not showing in my paste above. all entries in the config.xml are in the order of the webgui. so if you see a plugin you've gone to far in the file, for example.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!