OMV rocks big time!

• Hi All..

I've been using omv for 221 days... and how do I know exactly how many days I've been using it?

well.. that's the amount of days omv has been running without a glitch, reboot, burp, error message or similar...

I am duly impressed and am planning another server to replace my old one..

This thread is just to say... Big Thanks to the dev-team..!

• Last time I installed omv (the 221 days runtime) I really didn't use it for anything more than a fileserver for my Synology ds412+.
    I mounted some folders from omv, and that was more or less it.. just a filedump.

This time I am looking to fase out my synology AND my other server running omv & filedump.
    I've built a new server running:
    ===relevant info===
    intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50Ghz
    16Gb Memory
    8x3Tb disks
    =================

So far I've done the following:

ported couchpotato & sickbeard to the new installation of omv from my ds412+
    I installed VirtualBox and it's now running a virtual Synology box for my torrent downloads via rss feeds (I use downloadstation.. :) ) (thx Xpenology.com )
    I installed Plex media server on the new omv AND replaced my openElec XBMC raspberry pi with a rasPlex pie.. which rocks btw. I gladly paid the $6 for the IOS app.

I am really impressed so far.. OMV has served my every need so far.

Basically I can't see what I could possible be missing om OMV... oh.. well.. a nice file-explorer (NOT extplorer...) but I think that's about it.

I will definetely be exploring omv more but so far I am a happy Goose!

I've tried many NAS like dists and this one so far.. is the best by far!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!