OMV on USB drive: ext4-fs delayed block allocation failed

• Good day!

I noticed that my system was set in read-only mode with the following error:

ext4-fs delayed block allocation failed for inode ...

I double checked the drive, it is fine. Some searching online lead me to this: http://www.keyboardninja.eu/li…ixed-mountpoint-in-debian

In short, from what I understand: everytime a USB drive is connected, it can be assigned another ID. In my case, since the USB drive is permanently connected, I assume it's the motherboard turning off USB ports when they're inactive (there are no options in BIOS to disable this it seems). When OMV wants access to the USB drive, the USB port is woken but assigned a different ID and hell breaks lose and the necessary fsck follows.

I've tried to create a Udev rule like the article I linked suggests however using the "udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/sde1)" command doesn't list my disks serialnumber (the field isn't listed).

If anyone has a solution however, do let me know!

Cheers,
    Johan

• Just an update: I decided to give up on the USB connection and bought a PCIe SATA controller. Worked like a charm, gives me access to SMART data and no annoying switching ID's.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!