OMV on Jessie/ Haswell iGPU on Wheezy?

• Hi guys,
    is there any chance that an early OMV version with Jessie will be available soon?

Background why I ask this is the following:

I want to build a NAS/HTPC-Combination(basically just an XMBC running on the server to watch film/series directly) with OMV.
    Unfortunately it seems that my Haswell iGPU is too new for wheezy. So I'm getting >90% CPU Load on all cores while just navigating in XBMC and of course also while playing a film.
    I already tried different things to get it working (Backport drivers, compiling the drivers by myself like it's shown here http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=84825) but XBMC always uses just gallium driver instead intel (yes I have the right drivers installed). Xorg always is able to load the intel driver but later fails when setting up the AIGLX stuff:

Code
    [    32.834] (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed
    [    32.834] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    [    32.861] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
    [    32.861] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0

So is there any hope to get OMV on Jessie soon (there Haswell iGPUs are reported to work)?
    Or does even someone have a brilliant idea how I could get it working on Wheezy? (I'll post more details on request, don't want to spam this forum with gpu driver stuff now)

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV does not work on Jessie and yes, I have tried. There is no timeline for when it will happen either. Definitely not soon.

You say "backport drivers"?? Do you mean the backports kernel?

This is also why I recommend against running a NAS and htpc on the same box. There are too many good solutions out there for running xbmc/kodi (Raspberry Pi, cubox-i, amazon firetv/firetv stick with xbmc or kodi sideloaded).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I mean backports kernel and xserver-xorg-video-intel from backports. The vaapi stuff (libva1, libva-intel-vaapi-driver) is unfortunately not available in newer Versions in Backports, but I think they are the stuff I need in a slighly newer version (libva-intel-vaapi-driver is available in 1.0.17-1 and haswell support is in there from 1.0.19 :( ). I tried to compile libva and ther vaapi-intel driver by myself as described in the link I posted before, but didn't got it to work so far.

But thanks for your answer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since you didn't comment on splitting the boxes, you could always install jessie. Then install virtualbox and OMV as a guest.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!