Migration with raid1

• We have a debian wheezy server.
    With one hard drive for the OS.
    2 hard disks raid1 that contains that data / mnt / raid1

I want to do a clean install of OMV, I wonder if I have to rebuild the raid or I would see in the web interface?

thank you

• Raids created by mdadm will be recognized. You should see the raid in the raid management tab in the web-gui and the file system, but no shared folders.
    You have to create them in the web-gui using the same names like they had before, set permissions and link them in the smb/cifs tab. The content should be there like on the former machine. I've done that before several times and it worked every time.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• Everything datadigger said. I just moved from Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 where I had a RAID mirror with mdadm. Fired it up in OMV and I just had to plug the last remaining gaps that existed (shared folders, samba links, etc). I was set up and running with OMV very quickly given that my RAID transferred over without issue. That said, it's *no* reason to not back up your data prior to migrating. Never know. ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!