Virtualbox - Double cursors on RDP

• Hi all..

I searched and tested many things but I get nothing. I post here because I need inspiration for the future. :)

Juste to all understand me.. I launch a WinXP virtual machine via phpVirtualBox. After that.. I open RDP on port 3389 or 9000 (I've tried this 2 ports) and I have always 2 mouse cursors on my screen.

The first is the cursors of my original mouse (on windows or ubuntu) and the second is the mouse cursor provided by the OS (WinXP). And it's really tiring!

Any idea to correct this problem? I have tried to install the GuestAdditions, but it solve nothing. I've trying different mouse type in phpVB config PS/2, USB and Tablet. But nothing change.. I've trying different resolution before boot the OS via VB and in the XP directly and nothing..

I do not know what to do for the rest.. any idea?

Merci,

NeurOSick
    Hardware ASRock N68C-GS, AMD FX-4100 8GB RAM
    OMV3 Distro + OMV-Extra + Docker + OpenVPN = Unlimited possibilities!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Guest additions usually fixes it. Did you reboot the guest after installing?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The guest on which you installed the guest additions, it should be rebooted after installation to load the drivers. Do you need a command to do that? ;)

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• The guest on which you installed the guest additions, it should be rebooted after installation to load the drivers. Do you need a command to do that? ;)

Ok, If I understand you, you ask if I reboot the winXP (the OS I have installed the guest additions).. and yes.. many time I've reboot the OS. If is not the OS you talking about.. you lost me :/

NeurOSick

• Offizieller Beitrag

How are you connecting to the guest?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• How are you connecting to the guest?

Ok, I found Why it not working. The installation crash when I try to install it. It crash the entire OMV. Need to reboot each time because all freeze. I try another XP release with sp3 and give you a feedback after that.

NeurOSick

• Ok, This is my version of windows that prevented me to install the guest additions.

Thank you for your time.

NeurOSick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!