Question about JBOD

• Hi,
    I would like to build a NAS with OMV and 3 or 4 HDD but I have questions about JBOD because I'm not sure to use RAID5. My project is to build 2 NAS identical, one at home and one at a friend's home, and perhaps use RSync to sync both.
    So I would like to know about JBOD :
    - Is it possible to start with 3 HDD and add 1 or 2 HDD later ? Like a RAID5
    - If a drive fail, all data from all disks will be lost or only data on the bad disk ? I have read both on the web
    - What are performances of JBOD ? Like a single HDD (about 90/100 MB/s) or less ?
    Perhaps I'll have more questions later.
    Thanks !

• Thanks !
    So if I understand correctly, the idea is to create one volume by HDD and combine them into one with this plugin ? It doesn't need to use any RAID function ?
    Is it better than JBOD ? And is this plugin official or unofficial ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those are terms associated with the old plugin. MFS means most free space. AUFS writes to the drive with the most free space. UDBA has to do with how a user directly accesses the branches. Neither one benefit from changing what the unionfilesystem defaults to.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• They are enabled by default. Not much else to say.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

We found the options to be unneeded. The best research is done by trying it in a VM :)

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!