Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

• I am using OMV for two weeks now and had no problems so far. I've installed (and activated) Plex, Calibre, Owncloud, SMB, BTSync and I tried JDownloader but it did not work.
    Today I saw there were some Updates available (I think system components, maybe PHP, the only package I remember was JDownloader). I started the update and waited about 2 hours. Then i refreshed the Browser and got the following message:

Code
    Fehler #7001:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:135
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(69): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcproxy.inc(125): OMVRpc::exec('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()
    #6 {main}

Since the broken update of unknown packages I can only login by SSH, in the browser frontend I always get the Error 7001.

I don't know which version I have exactly installed. I downloaded it two weeks ago, so I think it's the newest release version.

I tried to repair und re-install by apt-get, but it changed nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Karsten

• Code
    omv-engined -d -f

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '$rpcServiceMgr' (T_VARIABLE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/jdownloader.inc on line 203

That's why I already purged and reinstalled downloader but it changed nothing. but there was an error when trying to purge jdownloader.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a jdownloader update available. Please install it.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nice, that did the job! :D

Perfect community support btw. ;)

• Hi,

I have a problem with my system. no log in via browser only with ssh

this is the log from browse log in

Fehler #7001:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:135
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(72): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcproxy.inc(125): OMVRpc::exec('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()
    #6 {main}

anybody an answer for his ?

thanks

• hi there,

i have the same same problem :)

Fehler #7001:
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcproxy.inc(125): OMVRpc::exec('Apt', 'enumerateUpgrad...', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()
    #2 {main}

root@openmediavault:~# omv-engined -d -f
    PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextrasorg.inc on line 183
    root@openmediavault:~#

• Offizieller Beitrag

Stupid cut&paste error on my part in omv-extras.
    Just do the following:

apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-omvextrasorg

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry about that :)

• The error message indicates that the most important daemon called omv-engined is not running. Please try to run it manually to find out why it is not running:

Code
    # omv-engined -d -f

Please post any error message shown.

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/log.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/inc/cups-logfile.inc on line 20

those file names seemed to be quite similar to the plugins i had previously had. i purged all of the openmediavault-<plugin> names that were causing errors. engined now runs.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von winksmith () aus folgendem Grund: updated.

• Anyone who can solve this problem.

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

• I have the same issue after installing the SNMP-plugin. omv-engined -d -f gives the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Snmp, because the name is already in use in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/snmp.inc on line 22

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!