openmediavault-domoticz plugin (TESTING v1.0.1)

• The Domoticz plugin it's ready for testing if anyone is interested on it.
    For the time being, the only supported platforms are x86 and a64. If you want to install Domoticz in an ARM based platform like RaspBerry, you have available a custom compilation for it at the project site.
    Warning: This thing is very addictive.

Zitat

Domoticz
    Domoticz it's a home automation system that let's you monitor and configure various devices like: Lights, Switches, various sensors/meters like Temperature, Rain, Wind, UV, Electra, Gas, water and much more. Notifications/Alerts can be sent to any mobile device.

Important notes:
    By default Domoticz installs it's web on port 80. For that purpose, it must be run with root user. As we in OMV don't like that, the plugin installs Domoticz on port 8077. Please take it into account before posting that you can't access the web interface. Also have it present if hw or master-slave installs problems rise. I still haven't noticed any problem with that thou.

If you want to reinstall the plugin, but don't want to loose your settings, you only have to keep a copy of the database file in the /opt/domoticz folder and optionally of all the scripts you put in the corresponding folder. Cloning or migrating to a separate machine it's also possible by doing this. In a future I'll implement a function for backup and migrate into the plugin.

Installation:
    By now you must manually download the plugin file from there and load it in the OMV plugins page before installing.

Please enjoy it, and for any questions or issues, post a message here or at the issues section.

Changelog:

Thanks,
    Sergio Rius.

• Awesome! Was just looking for a solution for Domoticz and if I can run it on my OMV machine that's one less VM to run :)

I can't seem to download the .deb though. Looks like your binaries have been removed from BitBucket.

Thanks
    // dajo

• Right, but there were only 37 downloads when I read it, 46 now. So people are downloading it, but seems to fail sometimes.

Did you managed to download it?

EDIT: Bitbucket doesn't stand for the work. I'll raise an alternative.

• I've had a random timer between 0 and 150 seconds that tries to download it for about 30 minutes now, but still nothing. Looking forward to try it out once you get it up somewhere else. I haven't tried it myself, but you could use http://www.embedupload.com (no registration needed, uploads to multiple file hosts) until you find something more permanent.
    // dajo

• It seems to work reasonably well AFAIK. I don't have any Z-Wave or 443MHz interface though, so my tests were limited. It does see the server's CPU and RAM usage, but I haven't figured out how to do anything with the values (for example, send an email when when the CPU goes above 95%).

Has anyone tried connecting one to a PC with this ? Domoticz recommends the RFXTRX 433 and the Aeon Labs USB Z-Wave stick. Would they need extra software ?

• You don't need anything as I did an special compilation with all the modules.

If you don't have one of those gadgets, you stand like a blind cat in a mouse party. :D
    Support forums for this program does not shine in clarity as opposed to OMV one. I had to learn all by myself and phone the vendors for having a clue on how this automation thing works.
    I'll save you some time:
    If you buy the RFX interface because it's cheaper, I'll buy the ZWave just after. But they are two very different things.
    In short, 433mhz protocol is meant for sensors that you ask for it's state every now and then, and Zwave ones push their status themselves.
    If you buy some kind of 433mhz switch/relay you will be able to say him turn on and off, but you will not know if it's open or closed. Door sensor only say "Hey someone opened the door, but after that, you don't know if the door was left open or if it's already closed.

Zwave, for light switches, for example, they connect to your existing wall switches and then you can turn lights on with your old switch and also through the server. But if someone changes switching manually or the server it's restarted, the zwave tells the server the light state by itself. You don't have to schedule a poll every second for knowing your switches status.

I don't know if I'm explaining enough.

I have both thingy. With Zwave I'm turning my porch light on at sunset without a light sensor by using a weather inet provider that tells the sunset time.
    With RFX I detect that temperature and humidity in my bathroom raised using an el-cheapo weather sensor and turn on the dehumidifier using a 433Mhz china relay.

But still don't know to tell when I go to sleep if I leaved the garage door opened.
    It's funny.

EDIT: Also Zwave devices make a surrogate wifi by themselves and they expand the range as you add new devices farther. That's why the transmitter itself is smaller than the RFX.

• Thanks for the info. I'm still investigating into what I need to get a decent home automation set up. I was going to pull the trigger on a Zipabox with z-wave sensors (200€ +50€ per sensor). The RFX with Domoticz is a much cheaper option (100€ + 20€ per sensor).

My understanding is that heaters should be fine with cheap 433MHz Chacon sensors and relays, but stuff like lighting, doorbells, cameras, or an alarm would work better in z-wave.

I also want to set up an old Galaxy Note to work as a wall-mounted control panel and to send SMS notifications.

Anyway, thanks for making this plugin. It's great to know that it will work with Z-wave and RFX modules. I still have to decide which one I get to get started, although I'll probably end up getting both systems.

• I'm trying to get the Domoticz plugin to recognize my Aeon Labs Z-wave S2 USB stick, but I don't see it listed in the hardware section. Do I have to compile OpenZwave to get it to work or is it supposed to be already included in the plugin ?

When I type lsusb, the stick is shown on Bus 005 Device 006.

• It's already compiled with ZWave support. In fact I use the same stick. You have to manually add it. As soon as I get some work done, I'll connect to my domoticz and share with you the configuration.

• You are completely right. Even in my testing machines the ZWave element has disappeared. But no modification has been done to the zip package.
    I'm trying to find out if something happened in debian updates that has broken ZWave support.

EDIT: Just try the next post solution.

• How do you manually add it ? I can't see it in the hardware list.

The hardware device you should look for it's called "OpenZwave USB".
    Please issue apt-get remove brltty and restart.
    Sometimes the braille interface service locks USB devices as soon as they are recognized. -> system tries to configure Zwave usb port but that braille device steals the port. That can be seen on dmesg.

If you unplug and then replug your Zwave stick, and then issue dmesg your should see something similar to this at the very end of the output:

The last line indicates the port, that should be allocated and not replaced by brltty. This must be the port used by your device in domoticz.

Try this and tell me something back.

• Love to see the Domoticz plugin. I´m now running Domoticz in a virtualbox.

Tried the plugin however OpenZWave USB is not listed. Removed brltty however it was not installed.

Is OpenZWave installed with the plugin or do you have to install it seperately?

Keep up the good work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!