Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/omvextrasorg/resetperms)?

• Hi

After a failed upgrade I just reinstalled OMV from fresh. Running the latest: openmediavault_1.0.20_amd64.iso

Was using OMV 5.* before.

After the install and the disks plugged back in, I updated all fra UI and installed the OVM-Extras, with only a mark in OVM-Extras and VDR.

When I try to reset all permissions under the shared folders tab, I get the following error:

Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/omvextrasorg/resetperms)

Details:
    Fejl #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration
    (xpath=//system/omvextrasorg/resetperms)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextrasorg.inc:1399
    Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceOmvExtrasOrg->doResetPerms(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('doResetPerms', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('OmvExtrasOrg', 'doResetPerms', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I tried manually via SSH with chown: root:users and chmod: 755 the folders, though with -R, so that all files got 755 too. The files should have 644 of course, so I just wanted to get over with it and reset all the perms and ACL's from the UI, but I cannot run it due to the error. Before I also copied the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml from my previous install, that was alright and I had my shares back, everything was ok.

The omvextrasorg.inc is ok: line 1399 etc:
    // Get the configuration object.
    $object = $xmlConfig->get( $this->getXPathResetPerms() );
    if (is_null($object))
    {
    throw new OMVException(
    OMVErrorMsg::E_CONFIG_GET_OBJECT_FAILED,
    $this->getXPathResetPerms()
    );
    }

// Check if shared folder is set to none
    if (is_null($object['sharedfolderref']))
    {
    throw new OMVException(
    OMVErrorMsg::E_MISC_FAILURE,
    gettext("Please select a shared folder.")
    );
    }

etc...................

My fstab is:
    UUID=6d1d730e-1c8a-4159-b2af-9cba6333debd /media/6d1d730e-1c8a-4159-b2af-9cba6333debd ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota$

etc...........

All disks are ext4.

Did anyone get this error as well?, and or how to fix it? 8|

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you clear your browser cache?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes, tried with FF, Chrome and Opera. And yes the system is fully updated and upgraded. I get the error the moment I try to enter the reset function window, also when I try to run it.

Think I will try a reinstall tomorrow. Are there any diffs in the config.xml? Maybe I should rebuild all permissions, users, etc, manually instead? Thought I made a backup of the config.xml before copying the old over, but it seems to have vanished from the folder :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try:

The plugin does this when it installs. I don't understand why you don't have this unless you restored an older config.xml.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!