omv-mediabrowser latest version - FireTV/SPMC cant play any file/ browsing very slow

• I got 2 little problems with mediabrowser or Kodi/SPMC.

MBS works well on omv. I am using the FireTV and SPMC as my primary Mediaplayer.

I configured the TItan skin to use MBS. SPMC/Titan connects to the server and shows all my data. But i can't play any file. Through acl in omv the MB-User owns all rights.
    Browsing through my Library is very slow. I choose a series and Kodi takes 2-3 sec to browse the files.

Right now i am using the "normal" shares of my server because browsing is much quicker than the mb-function in Kodi.

thx

Edit: Im uploading the MBS-Log later.

• No.
    SPMC with normal settings is fast too. Fast enough for me.
    Its ok for my to use the MBS-Plugin and the standard omv-shares with xbmc. I just would like to know if MB can be faster during broswing.
    (INstructions for "UNC Folder Shares" deleted.)

@ tekkb
    Do you use Plex?

• Did you try PlexMediaServer plugin on OMV with the plex app on FireTV? It is fast.

What's this? You don't even limit yourself to alter and delete my messages but also this kind of things?
    You don't let me wake at morning to do support on mediabrowser users?

Just uninstall the plugin via the plugin section.

You are getting likes for recommending removing my plugin. It's becoming nicer for moments.

• What's the differences between your mediabrowser plugin and the other listed at the repository?

Mediabrowser it's a good project. It has been growing at an amazing pace and the fact that it's open source ensures that it will stay free and open to new developments.
    Plex it's a company and it's a paid for platform. You will depend on what their owners want it to be in the future or if it may have a dogs name tomorrow ;)

MB, even when has grown so fast, is still young, and sometimes it may be a disadvantage, but my opinion is that MB deserves an opportunity.

AFAIK, The FireTv app still hasn't released. The problem you have, I think may be the same that I had with Roku on it's own Roku player. The integrated player only will show the files that are native compatible with the device. In my case, files that aren't Apple-friendly aren't well looked by Roku. The MB app for it works flawlessly.

Did you try the MB addon for XBMC/Kodi?

The slow navigation may be caused by the size of your thumbs/art. When you use any app integration, it takes care for getting those images and resampling/caching them for fast navigation. but when you navigate in "SMB mode" XBMC directly loads those images.
    There are multiple programs there for batch resizing thumbs and artwork. I did use them when I used XBMC. Normally 720p for artwork and 600x400 for thumbs are enough for me.

• The official, as it's official in Mediabrowsers community, follows the recommendations and directives of MB developers. The other implements special functions and coding for solving issues that arise from the functionality for changing the location for the inner working folder of the program. I was directly asked by the major MB developer for dropping that functionality as it will became a problem in a near future, but Tekb never agreed to it when we discussed, so my plugin doesn't have it, and the one in testing still have it.

• Let the past be man. I am a mod and I've earned it. I have not said anything negative about you since beginning of the year.

There should be no confusion on the plugin now. If they install from repo yours is installed. If they download one that I made yours will be installed as the upgrade is installed and not the old version.

I disagree with you on many things but I hold my tongue.

• There should be no confusion on the plugin now. If they install from repo yours is installed. If they download one that I made yours will be installed as the upgrade is installed and not the old version.

Ok, I understand. That's very important from the support pov.

• Now i know why i cant play any movie with the MB-Add-on and xbmc.

I want editing some Pictures for a german Movie but cant save the data using the webgui.
    The Logfile shows the results:

I dont know why the user got no rights to write the data.

Result:
    Shared Folder -> ACL -> USER Mediabrowser read/write no function and do not solve the problem
    USER -> Privileges -> read/write solve the problem!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!