Upgrading from Omnius to Fedaykin to Sardaukar

• Hi folks! :)
    Just wanted to give some feed back to the great job that the developers and forum do to help people enjoy their Linux experience..

I now have OpenMediaVault on six computers and love it...

I was checking files on an old installation with omnius on it and thought it was time to upgrade it....

I hadn't noticed that no dns was active on the web interface....so I fixed that and then set about upgrading from a monitor via the command line...

I hadn't really paid attention to what had been written on upgrading from Omnius to Fedaykin and didn't add the dep http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin main to my sources.list..... ;(

I just ran apt-get update and then apt-get dist-upgrade....of course I didn't have Fedaykin afterwards and started reading the info that you guys provide....lol

Well, it didn't help me by adding the address to sources and running the update commands again because the previous upgrade had changed some of the dependencies....

I scratched my head for a moment and thought...what the hell I wont mess about...just use my clonzilla image and reinstate the drive....

This went as clockwork....

I then went to the web interface and added my dns....
    I used the update manager and updated my Omnius with the updates available....
    I then went to a monitor and via the command line backed up my sources and then added the Fedaykin address....
    This time running the apt-get update, and apt-get dist-upgrade went as clockwork and I had Fedaykin after reboot...
    I then just ran the omv-release-upgrade to upgrade to Sardaukar...and that went like clockwork.

I have to say that this is the first time I can remember things going this well and it is obviously down to the great support, How To's that are posted here and at OpenMediaVault...

I will make it a point of reading all the How To's before doing something stupid in the future...lol

Thanks for a great Linux experience!

bookie56

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!