Cron Jobs wont execute

• So I was trying to get the Server to shut down every night between 12pm-8am. I tried with WOL addon which didnt work at all so I made a cron job that executes at 12pm with rtcwake to go sleep and wake up n seconds later. When i click on run in the scheduled jobs It works like a charm but if i set it to go off in 5 minutes to test it the job wont be executed giving a error in the syslog. Later I tried to just get a apt-get update cron job to execute to test and im getting similar errors. I have Kernel 3.16 and 3.2 and i tried running it with both since i updated kernels yesterday. To that the other question is which of these kernels is the newer one?

Code
    Jan 18 11:00:01 troetsch /USR/SBIN/CRON[4003]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Jan 18 11:00:01 troetsch rrdcached[3347]: Received FLUSHALL
    Jan 18 11:00:08 troetsch monit[3860]: Starting monit HTTP server at [localhost:2812]
    Jan 18 11:00:08 troetsch monit[3860]: monit HTTP server started
    Jan 18 11:00:08 troetsch monit[3860]: 'localhost' Monit started
    Jan 18 11:02:01 troetsch /usr/sbin/cron[3281]: (*system*openmediavault-powermngmt) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/openmediavault-powermngmt)
    Jan 18 11:02:01 troetsch /usr/sbin/cron[3281]: (*system*openmediavault-userdefined) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/openmediavault-userdefined)
    Jan 18 11:02:01 troetsch cron[3281]: Error: bad minute; while reading /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-userdefined
    Jan 18 11:02:01 troetsch /usr/sbin/cron[3281]: (*system*openmediavault-userdefined) ERROR (Syntax error, this crontab file will be ignored)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

So I was trying to get the Server to shut down every night between 12pm-8am. I tried with WOL addon which didnt work at all

Maybe a misunderstood, but are you trying WOL to shutdown?

The log you posted indicates that the cron job has a syntax error, did you input that manually or through the webUI?

You can paste here cat /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-userdefined

• No im trying to make a normal cron job. It is suppose to sent the rtcwake line. After that didnt work i tried to just have OMV execute a mkdir command or apt-get update but cron wont execute anything

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!