Apache bothering NGINX (was: It works! ...if I change the port)

• OMV 1.0
    • Resolved
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Use dpkg -l | grep apache to see which packages are installed. If you could post that list, I could tell you which to uninstall.

Done...

Source Code

1. dpkg -l | grep apache
      2. ii apache2 2.2.22-13+deb7u4 amd64 Apache HTTP Server metapackage
      3. ii apache2-mpm-worker 2.2.22-13+deb7u4 amd64 Apache HTTP Server - high speed threaded model
      4. ii apache2-suexec 2.2.22-13+deb7u4 amd64 Standard suexec program for Apache 2 mod_suexec
      5. ii apache2-utils 2.2.22-13+deb7u4 amd64 utility programs for webservers
      6. ii apache2.2-bin 2.2.22-13+deb7u4 amd64 Apache HTTP Server common binary files
      7. ii apache2.2-common 2.2.22-13+deb7u4 amd64 Apache HTTP Server common files
      8. rc libapache2-mod-fcgid 1:2.3.6-1.2+deb7u1 amd64 an alternative module compat with mod_fastcgi

• ryecoaaron wrote:

I guess I could add a button to omv-extras to manually remove it eliminating the need for ssh/linux skills.

Ups, forgot to answer that... :saint:
      I would suggest to get that done by Volker within OMV-Firstaid.

Reason:
      When apache2 grabs Port80, the normal user can't access the GUI. So he has to go to omv-firstaid, change the port to 4711 (or whatever), install ovm-extras, hit that new button, change Port once again and deinstall omv-extras (if wanted). That's a pretty long way.

What do you think?
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Dennis wrote:

Absolutely no plugins and no omv-extras.

I just read this line. If it was an upgrade from 0.5, apache would still be installed.

And thats not quite true: Vokker renoved the apache2 package back then when he switched to nginx. So even 0.5 users should no longer have it installe. But I guess thats one of the wuirks we had in the movement to 1.0...

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • Dennis wrote:

You wanted to tell which to uninstall.
      apt-get purge apache*

I´ve added a comment to the bugtracker. I´m for removing it with the next update. And include this into the upgrade script. So you do not even have to touch CLI and omv-firstaid.
      OMV stoneburner | HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
      OMV erasmus| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive
    • I stand corrected, I was wrong and Aaron was right.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • WastlJ wrote:

I´ve added a comment to the bugtracker. I´m for removing it with the next update. And include this into the upgrade script. So you do not even have to touch CLI and omv-firstaid.

I put a note on bugtracker as well. What if you are using apache on the system? Also, if you remove apache2.2-bin on some systems, it will remove the desktop (I have it on my dev system for compiling purposes).

root@aaronlinux:~# apt-get purge apache2*
      The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      ant ant-optional at-spi2-core baobab caribou caribou-antler dconf-tools empathy empathy-common espeak-data fonts-cantarell fonts-lyx fonts-opensymbol
      fonts-sil-gentium fonts-sil-gentium-basic gcalctool gdm3 gir1.2-atspi-2.0 gir1.2-wnck-3.0 gnome-backgrounds gnome-dictionary gnome-disk-utility
      gnome-font-viewer gnome-icon-theme-extras gnome-mag gnome-orca gnome-packagekit gnome-packagekit-data gnome-screenshot gnome-system-log gucharmap hyphen-en-us
      libatk-adaptor libatk-adaptor-data libatk-bridge2.0-0 libatspi1.0-0 libatspi2.0-0 libavahi-gobject0 libavahi-ui-gtk3-0 libbrlapi0.5 libcaribou-gtk-module
      libcaribou-gtk3-module libcmis-0.2-0 libcolamd2.7.1 libcolorblind0 libcommons-collections3-java libcommons-compress-java libdb-java libdb-je-java libdb5.1-java
      libdb5.1-java-jni libdotconf1.0 libespeak1 libexttextcat-data libexttextcat0 libgail-common libgdict-1.0-6 libgdict-common libgdu-gtk0 libgeocode-glib0
      libgnome-mag2 libgraphite2-2.0.0 libgtk-vnc-2.0-0 libgvnc-1.0-0 libhsqldb-java libhyphen0 libicu4j-java libjline-java libjtidy-java liblouis-data liblouis2
      liblucene2-java libmagick++5 libmythes-1.2-0 libplot2c2 libpstoedit0c2a libregexp-java libreoffice libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-core libreoffice-calc
      libreoffice-common libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw libreoffice-emailmerge libreoffice-evolution libreoffice-filter-binfilter libreoffice-filter-mobiledev
      libreoffice-gnome libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-help-en-us libreoffice-impress libreoffice-java-common libreoffice-math libreoffice-report-builder-bin
      libreoffice-style-galaxy libreoffice-style-tango libreoffice-writer libservlet2.5-java libsonic0 libspeechd2 libtelepathy-farstream2 libunique-3.0-0
      libvisio-0.0-0 libwpd-0.9-9 libwpg-0.2-2 libwps-0.2-2 libxz-java lp-solve mobile-broadband-provider-info mythes-en-us nautilus-sendto-empathy
      network-manager-gnome pstoedit python-brlapi python-louis python-pyatspi python-pyatspi2 python-speechd python-uno rdesktop sound-theme-freedesktop
      speech-dispatcher task-desktop telepathy-gabble telepathy-idle telepathy-logger telepathy-salut ttf-liberation ttf-sil-gentium-basic uno-libs3 ure vinagre vino
      xbrlapi xfonts-mathml
      Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
      The following packages will be REMOVED:
      apache2.2-bin* gnome-core* gnome-user-share* libapache2-mod-dnssd* task-gnome-desktop*
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 5 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
      After this operation, 6,525 kB disk space will be freed.
      Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • If you don't have a desktop environment installed, then apt-get purge apache2* will work fine.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

If you don't have a desktop environment installed, then apt-get purge apache2* will work fine.

That worked, Aaron! THX to all helpers!

About discussion in our Bugtracker: Yes, omv-firstaid is running on command-line. But that's the only way. See above. Maybe we should discuss activating SSH at installation by default (or optioned in). Where do you want to start supporting, when the OMV is running headless only with GUI. Example: My Microservers can be connected to a monitor via VGA. But those monitors become extincted like dinos! ;)

(I'm old! I do have an old 17"-TFT with VGA. :thumbup: )
    • Then I must be considered old too... :P

Greetings
      David

• Sergio wrote:

I always activate SSH installtion when I forst install Debian. that way SSH is always active. But that I suppose is only valid for manual installations.

OpenMediaVault will stop the SSH service right after installation. Established connections remain active.

Greetings
      David