• hi guys,
    i have 3 networkcards they run together.
    normaly i let them run under 803 something but the network on this card is after a short while not acessable. so i switched to any else i found but noting really works. the xor runsd best but my asus oplay will not find it.
    i running out of ideads what i can do to make it stable....do you have any ideas?

disk

HP-Proliant Microserver Gen8 | omv = always latest | 64 bit | 1x3TB ,3x4TB , 1x500GB HDD for Boot | omvextrasorg = latest | HP P212| Plugins = NUT, HWRaid, luksencryption OMV extras

• Just checking - link aggregation requires the peer device (network switch) to also be compliant with LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol), otherwise you'll end up with a nasty loop in your star network and lots of unexpected results. I've seen link aggregation available only in managed switches, usually for enterprise use. Is yours compatible?

• .......puterfixer...of course i have the equipment...what do you think ? :)

HP-Proliant Microserver Gen8 | omv = always latest | 64 bit | 1x3TB ,3x4TB , 1x500GB HDD for Boot | omvextrasorg = latest | HP P212| Plugins = NUT, HWRaid, luksencryption OMV extras

• :D As I said, just checking. You'd be surprised how many people try stuff they don't understand, then wonder why it's not working. To quote a good line from a crappy Steven Seagal movie, "Assumption is the mother of all f***-ups" :D

What cards do you have? Are they overheating? I modded mine with chipset heatsinks glued to the processor (Arctic Silver Adhesive, two compounds combine in a glue that is also a thermal conductor). Second point of failure is the optoelectric coupler between the network chip and the RJ45 port, the cheap ones tend to fry in high traffic.

• i guess i have to send you a pic from my server to eliminate all the questions :)
    its a more profi setup with 19" racks an so on.
    my card are a dual intel server card and no all cable are working the card is not too hot. yes if i "untrunk" it i can work on all single interfaces ;)

• This may be a long shot, but definitely worth checking if you haven't already.

I have seen properly setup and configured trunking on different systems do this same behavior if running certain Intel chipsets with the BIOS in the motherboard configured to have "Active State Power Management" enabled.

Even if you are using a Intel add-in card, I would double check the motherboard bios under the "chipset" options to see if that is enabled, if so disable it.

• no its the pci express intel server dual card........
    is there a way to collect all data from the system hardware so maybe i can post it here ?

• Just to clarify, you need to check your computer bios, the motherboard bios; IF you have a motherboard with an Intel chipset for "Active Power Management." If this is enabled, disable it.

It doesn't matter what type of add-in card that you have, PCI-express or whatever.

Save yourself some time and verify this setting before doing any other troubleshooting...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!