Networkinterface is defect

• A NAS without a NIC is useless, that's right. But I believe the TO has a NAS running on this laptop and due to a defective NIC he is not able to access it anymore. Is that right, littleliner?

If so, there's not that much you can do. You can't open the web-gui from the NAS itself. You need another network adapter to connect it to your network. At Amazon they offer USB to LAN adaptors but I just don't know if they work with OMV.
    If there's no other way to connect it to a network via an USB or PCMCIA adaptor you can only rip off the disk and copy your data to another installation.

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!