Plex does not start, error via OMV-UI enable (OMV-extras plugin)

• Hi There

I set up a new OMV installation on new hardware these days. Everything's fine except Plex:

After the installation using the OMV-extras plugin, Plex appears as an installed service, I defined a location for the DB and I can enable / disable Plex via OMV-Web UI and the Server is reachable under IP:34200 - everything fine until here.

After I added all my media to different Plex-libraries and a OMV restart, Plex does not start automatically nor can I enable Plex via OMV-Web UI. I get an infinite "starting service" message and an error.
    I can easely start Plex via CLI "/etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start"

Maybe it is related with the issue described in this tread: Issue in PMS pluggin but I think, my problem is goning further (enable Plex via OMV-Web UI that does not work)...

Any Ideas?

thx and cheers

• I had a similar problem.

remove plex from the pluging tab
    then run the following

Code
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get --purge remove plexmediaserver

then install plex as normal selecting the same drive you have selected for plexmediaserver

FT

• Thanks, I'll give it a try later on...

Will a apt-get --purge delete my Plex database so that I have to start from scratch? Building all my libraries lasted 24+ hours... Or is the database not being touched?

"install as normal" means "install via the OMV-WebUI"?

thx

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!