mysql as a database back end for kodi

• Hi All..
    i am having trouble getting mysql setup as a back end for Kodi, i have had this working on a windows machine using mysql for some time and have just recently built a Nas Server
    using Openmediavault ( which i think is just awsome) i have all my plugins setup and working this is my last issue.
    The issue i am having is i cannot connect to the mysql server from kodi

nas ip is 192.168.1.190
    my sql is running on 127.0.0.1 and i have also tried 0.0.0.0 no go !!

i have set up a user in mysql name = kodi password = kodi and granted full rights.

permissions and rights Drive me NUTS !!! lol i am a noob

Cannot connect to mysql server
    i have been at this for days pulling my hair out not much left today

thanks in advance
    Paul.

• Here is the error message i get in kodi log file

MyMusic48 [1130](Host 'Office.local' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server)
    12:43:46 T:4636 ERROR: Unable to create new database

any idea as to what i am missing here
    Paul

• i have tried mysql set at 0.0.0.0 still cannot connect to the mysql server

MyMusic48 [1130](Host 'Office.local' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server)12:43:46 T:4636 ERROR: Unable to create new database

Paul.

• please help me out with this error i just don't undersatand

fresh install of OMV and only the mysql plugin
    omv is running on 192.168.1.185
    kodi version 14 (helix) running on my office machine at 192.168.1168

MyMusic48 [1130](Host 'Office.local' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server)12:43:46 T:4636 ERROR: Unable to create new database

using the mysql plugin
    binding at 127.0.0.1 also tried 0.0.0.0

• You need to give the xbmc/kodi user global priviliges to allow him to create his own Database OR use the Name tag to for the database.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!