Network Interface Error

• Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue please?

I have the HP N40L Microserver, with the standard kit inside and the modified BIOS. It's worked really well with OMV 0.6 and now with OMV 1.0. However, something has broken in the network interface part of the WebGUI and I'm struggling to work it out. I have only recently reinstalled OMV 1.0 and have been configuring it from fresh. I have the N40L hooked up to my BT Home Hub 3 on a gigabit connection. I have setup various plugins but I haven't made any changes outside of what is available in the WebGUI and the plugin interfaces. I have an OpenVPN-AS running along with some other services, but I haven't made any changes to the network interface section of the WebGUI and I haven't made any configuration changes at all for the last few days due to no spare time. The network section of the WebGUI has been working perfectly up till now. The only change that has been made in the last 48 hours was the OMV update released yesterday as per the changelog as below.

It seems that the problem has occurred since then, so I assume it may be related to the update though I cannot be certain.

Whenever I enter the Network section of the WebGUI I receive an error message of "Device 'as0t0' not supported" with the following detailed error text. Going into the network interfaces tab brings the error up again and the whole area is blank. As long as I stay in the network section the error keeps popping up over and over.

Code
    Error #6003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Device 'as0t0' not supported' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/network.inc:253
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceNetwork->enumerateDevicesList(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateDevice...', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Network', 'enumerateDevice...', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I found a similar report under another thread here: Strange behaviour multiple NIC's but this is slightly different as this user seemed to be using multiple NICs, whereas I have only one and there have been no changes to my hardware at all. I'm new to using OpenVPN and searching under the "as0t0" showed it as related to use of OpenVPN-AS. My VPN is working perfectly still and I can access my OMV WebGUI, samba shares and all other network resources from both within my LAN and over mobile network using the VPN when out and about. I tried checking my 70-persistent-net.rules file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ and it showed the following, which matched that previous thread. I tried backing up a copy of the file and deleting it and it did autogenerate when I rebooted and the network section worked one more time but following another reboot the same error occurred and a further delete and reboot has failed to fix it this time even though the file has regenerated exactly the same as below.

Code
    # This file was automatically generated by the /lib/udev/write_net_rules
    # program, run by the persistent-net-generator.rules rules file.
    #
    # You can modify it, as long as you keep each rule on a single
    # line, and change only the value of the NAME= key.

# PCI device 0x14e4:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/0000:02:00.0 (tg3)
    SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="00:9c:02:ab:df:c8", ATTR{dev_id}=="0x0", ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="eth*", NAME="eth0"

Does anyone have any advice please? Is this related to the 1.11 update? I note that the update was supposed to add showing bridge and VLAN interfaces in the WebGUI and I wonder if this has somehow gone wrong on my install alone or if this is a general issue. If it is a general issue, I assume I'll need to wait for a fix, but if this is a specific problem affecting me, I'd appreciate it if anyone had any idea how to fix this. Thanks!

• Maybe by mistake you tried to configure that interface in OMV or similar

If you have omv-extras installed you can output the config with omv-showkey interfaces

Thanks, the output is as follows. Does that help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems fine. The problems I guess is related now that omv can scan other net devices (bridges and vlans, the new commit) so that type of interface is not recognized.

You can fill a bug report here http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/

As for know you can downgrade your install to 1.10 manually, you can download the package here http://packages.openmediavault…ol/main/o/openmediavault/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!