No Net Connection

• Hello.

I have installed an OMV in my new NAS project.

It's impossible to set up the connection to the router and the net.

When the installation was performed it connected to internet and downloaded some packages, but now it's impossible to ping to the OMV box or ping from the OMV Box.

I have already run "omv-firstaid" and tried to set up the connection, if I set up as DHCP connection I don't get any IP address. If I set up as Static IP connection I have an IP address but every ping attempt has a timeout as response.

Any idea what to do?

• Did you assign a static IP to OMV in the router?
    Have you tried to clear the dhcp table in the router? (Also known as a soft reset)

My router doesn't have any static IP assign, you can force DHCP to assign always the same IP to a particular MAC address, but nothing else, DHCP assigns ip from 192.168.1.30 to 192.168.1.254, I use 192.168.1.10 as static ip.

Already done that too.

I have detected that if I install OMV the DHCP assign and ip to the OMV system and works ok. The problem come when I reboot and use a gparted livecd in order to resize the partition, doing like this:

Zitat

when you have OMV installed and working ....1. Download iso gparted live and burn it into a dvd-r or rw.gparted.org/livecd.php2. Boot your nas from that dvd. gparted will come to you.3. resize the greatest partition of omv hd system layout to a small partition, 16 GiB, 24 Gib, ..4 Create a new partition type linux on new spare hd space.5 Format it into ext46 Apply changes7 Shutdown the system.8 Boot your nas from hd. OMV will come up and running and ......you will have a new ext4 system file available for you.

When I go back to OMV the net configuration is lost, it detects eth0 interface but DHCP doesn't give any IP, if I assign an static IP ifconfig shows the static ip but any ping to any other computer in the net fails.

I don't understand, resizing the partition could affect network configuration? Seems weird...

I would appreciate any help because If I can't resize the partition then I'm not interested in OMV.

• More data, in case this help, some outputs:

With the static ip configured every ping I try I get a "host unreachable"

The file /etc/network/interfaces :
    auto lo
    iface lo
    inet loopback
    auto eth0
    allow-hotplug eth0
    iface
    eth0 inet staticadress 192.168.1.10
    network 192.168.1.0
    broadcast 192.168.1.255
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0

ifconfig output:
    eth0 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXinet
    addr:192.168.1.10 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

I think the rest of the ifconfig output is not relevant.

If I do route -n I get:
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
    0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
    192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0

If I try route add default gw 192.168.1.1 gives the error
    SIOCADDRT: File already exists

If you need any other output that could help...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!