Update from ISO 1.9 No Boot after reboot

• Hello,

I installed from USB the iso 1.9, onto a single 500GB hard-drive. It installed fine and after a reboot started up fine, I could access via the web gui. After applying all the updates that are available for the main setup (no additional plugins installed yet), and rebooting, the PC will no longer boot up. It does the normal post, but then goes to a black screen the a "_" flashing in the top left corner. No key presses seem to have any affect.

The PC is and older AMD, running on an Asus a8n32, with 4gb of ram. There is only the single hard-drive connected so far.

Any ideas as to how to get this to boot now (and consistently)? Should I reinstall and just not apply any updates (not preferred, like to stay up to date)?

Thanks for any help,

• You should verify your AHCI configuration in the BIOS.

Can you boot on maintenance mode with GRUB?

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

• Have you tried to disable serial and parallell ports in bios?? Mine hang when these ports was enabled.

Parallel port was already disabled, I disabled the serial port, with the same end result.

You should verify your AHCI configuration in the BIOS.

Can you boot on maintenance mode with GRUB?

This motherboard does not have AHCI as an option. IDE or RAID.

I got it to work now though. The issue was that the PC that I was installing it onto did not have a CD/DVD drive, so I was installing it from USB. It seems like the grub loader was being installed onto the installation USB stick. I burned the installation onto DVD, and connected a USB dvd drive and was able to install and update everything now!

Thanks for your thoughts on the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!