nginx reverse proxy doesn't work

• @ joq3
    Did you install the nginx plugin befor?
    Or is it working without the plugin?

Does anybody know if for a ssl connection have to be enable a proxy extension like apache2?

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• But the Plugin for OMV has to be installed to use the redirect?

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• I have now been able to make it work for CouchPotato, SickRage and Transmission.
    But Couchpotato won't load the movie posters, if I go to 192.168.1.2:5050 it works, and loads all pictures, but if I go to 192.168.1.2/couch it loads the site, but not the movie posters/covers.
    Is there something missing in the redirection?

SickRage, Transmission works good though.

But I can't manage to make plex redirect work.
    I get to this page, with this error message:

Code
    This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <MediaContainer size="0" content="plugins"></MediaContainer>
  • How do you do it?
    Can you post the config files please?

Thanks Robert

• Plex i got working. Here:
    nginx plexconnet
    But not as described in the plex Forum.
    I need to aktivate the ssl handling by plexconnect.
    Nginx SSL only was not working.
    Cant figure out what is wrong.
    Think there is perhaps a config line missing.

Yes please post your config of the other service later.
    So i got a idea to deal my services.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Taken from one of the comments from here

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Seems like there is some problem with both SickRage and Couchpotato.

Couchpotato looks like this:

If I connect with :5050 (port number) posters shows up.
    Funny thing is that if I right click the poster and open image url it will show up.
    When searching movies it will not show posters, but when it is snatched it shows up as you see.

Other than that Couchpotato works!

SickRage does work too, images shows up, but I get this error everytime I go to a different page in the webui:

So there seems to be a problem with the nginx reverse, something isn't "reversing" properly.

I use this, for both SickRage and Couchpotato:

Code
    location /couch {
        proxy_pass http://localhost:5050;
        proxy_set_header Host localhost:5050;
        proxy_redirect default;
    }

(put in /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/)

• Why doy ou proxy manually when the plugins have a option for that?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Why doy ou proxy manually when the plugins have a option for that?

Greetings
    David

SickBeard plugin received this option just a few days ago? Couchpotato plugin doesn't have the option?

And since updating the Sickbeard plugin the settings doesn't save. I use SickRage, but if I select the Repository and Branch and save, it clears both fields. So no settings stick, though SickRage seems to work anyway!

• SickBeard plugin received this option just a few days ago?

Should be there for some weeks.

For the other problem please wait for the next update.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Okey, nice. But still I want to be able to reverse proxy other services, like sabnzbd, that plugin doesn't have this option?

The version with this on is 99% ready, I just need to actually test it.

I am currently stuck on a reverse proxy for Subsonic, I have the basic proxy setup but it does not work as expected.

Code
    location /subsonic {
            proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
            proxy_pass        http://localhost:4040/subsonic;
            proxy_set_header  Host localhost:4040;
            proxy_redirect    default;
    }

If I do IP/subsonic it takes me to IP/index.view but if I do IP/subsonic/ it does take me to IP/subsonic/index.view
    How can I remove the need to add a trailing / (Couchpotato, Sickbeard ect does not need it)

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Okey, nice. But still I want to be able to reverse proxy other services, like sabnzbd, that plugin doesn't have this option?

Patience young padawan, jhmiller has just implemented it in Sickbeard and is moving that knowledge to the other plugins of his too. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Patience young padawan, jhmiller has just implemented it in Sickbeard and is moving that knowledge to the other plugins of his too. ;)

Greetings
    David

New version of the SABnzbd with HTTPS and proxy support will be available soon.
    After you have updated you may need to stop and then start the service again via the plugin page if it is not running, you should only have to do this once when installing this new version.
    If you find any problems let me know.

Miller

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I'm trying to create a reverse proxy for calibre but it doesn't work for some reason, when I try to access it I only get the error message "404 Not Found The path '/calibre' was not found." I already have subsonic set up, and it works perfectly, it can be accessed through openmediavault/subsonic. I want the same for calibre. This is my sub.conf in /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d

Code
    location /subsonic {
            proxy_pass        http://localhost:4040/subsonic;
            proxy_set_header  Host localhost:4040;
            #proxy_set_header  Host ;
    }

And here is my calibre.conf in the same directory.

Code
    location /calibre {
            proxy_pass        http://localhost:8079/calibre;
            proxy_set_header  Host localhost:8079;
            #proxy_set_header  Host ;
    }
  • Just in case someone intends to do the same, I have found out how to make it work. On your openmediavault machine, navigate to "/etc/init.d" and open the file "calibre". Navigate to the line

Code
    DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --pidfile=$PID_FILE

and add

Zitat

--url-prefix=/calibre

to it, so that it looks like this

Code
    DAEMON_OPTS="$DAEMON_OPTS --pidfile=$PID_FILE --url-prefix=/calibre"

. Save and close the file and restart calibre, if you have already set up the sub.conf from my previous post it should work, otherwise add this file now and restart nginx.

Keep in mind however that this change likely has to be repeated every time the plugin is updated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!