Is there an easy way to connect to Wi-Fi?

• Hi guys
    Is there a plugin wizard for connecting to a SSID WIFI ?
    my wifi card is recognised because i have a mac address in network section

because i am not able to use a terminal or a shell to make a connection

thanks for replying/Sorry if somebody has already asked the same question

• Hello,

Why can't you use the terminal?? How did you installed OMV??
    And more important, what is the point of configuring a WIFI connection on a NAS?

Greetings

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

• Mmmmmmaybe you should not talk like that to the gourou !
    Or maybe learn before to talk who you are talking to (always helpul even in real life ^^)

And to answer your question you will not go so far using binary code here ^^

But for the terminal and linux commands, you won't be able to do anything without the basics.

And we are not here to teach you them, go make some bit of research, there is plenty of it all over THE internet...

See you (if not banned...)

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is not useless. It is telling you to learn command line. You need it in linux. You will be useless in linux without it.

I believe he was suggesting your help was useless, not that command line was useless.
    I wouldn't go as far as "You will be useless in Linux without it".... It does help to have a basic understanding of how to use the command line, but it's far from absolutely necessary, which would indicate you're useless w/o it. If anything, part of OMV's appeal, is that most users will not need to use command line at all to set up basic services that are available via the plugins.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!